Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, just a short note to introduce myself. I am a retired LEO and call a 530 Sq.Ft. cabin in the Southern Sierras home. I have been cruising the internet boards since about 2000, but am more of a lurker than poster. I look forward to many hours of browsing this site.

Thanks,

·
Registered
175 Posts
Welcome from Missouri , it's getting so busy here ,i'm ready to bug out !
Use to be nothing but fields , now 4 lanes including a turning lane.
Just a shame.
SL.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Greetings Mtnfolk75,
Warmest of welcomes from Connecticut, hope you enjoy the fellowship and are active in the forum, and thank you for your service to the community.
peace

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Welcome Dusty. Had a good friend by that handle down in San Diego many moons ago. I loved the sierras, and went often to the Lone Pine and Bishop areas. It's really pretty there. We got snowed in at the Glacier Lodge back in early eighties, had to wait for the National Guard to come get us because the lower elevation bridges washed out. Anyhow, I'm out here in Louisiana now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, what a reception.. thanks guys. My cabin is near the summit of Greenhorn Mountain, about 10 miles west of Kernville. Jimbo1096, I spent a few days in San Diego back in the canoe club days (1975-80).

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome, Mntfolk75, and greetings from the Sierra foothills a bit north of you. I'd trade all our real estate and my job so I could retire to a mansion in the mountains like you. 530 sq. ft. sounds like plenty of room for a good dog, some good books and music, a computer, a bed and a fridge. Oops, I forgot the wife. I envy you. Thanks for your years of serving and protecting. I'm with the Dept. of Corrections, but I've got some more time to put in before I can retire. Hey, do you like blueberry pie? Miss Molly serves up some great pie at the RugerForum Cafe. Maybe I'll see ya there in the A.M. Coffee's on me.

Peace and God bless, Wolfsong.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Mtnfolk75
same here on the canoe club. I got out in 74 but hung around until 86 when I moved back here. Was with SDPD from 80 - 86. The Imperial Valley and the Inyo County were my favorite places to get away to. I hear there is gold in the Greenhorn creek. I used to have a thing for exploring old gold mines. Nothing like that out here.
I'll be in Bakersfield first of next month then up to Salinas, then driving back home. My wife's visit to her family is my vacation for this year.
Post pics of your cabin and area. It will bring envy to a lot of us less fortunate members.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
welcome glad to have ya here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey guys, been away from the cabin for few days. A poor excuse I know for a tardy reply. Anyway, thanks again for the warm reception, I am not very computer savvy and will try and get some pictures of paradise up. If I can't get them to post, is anyone interested in trying if I email them to you?

Again, thanks for making me feel welcome,

·
Registered
362 Posts
Welcome from Washington. If you ever have a question just jump in and ask. There are some really knowledgeable people on the forums that really like helping us.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts