Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, this looks like a great site. I'm back into shooting after being away for a long time. How long have I loved Rugers? Let's just say that my .22 cal Ruger Mark I with the bull barrel which I purchased new when I was 21 still shoots great! I also have a beautiful 10/22 rifle which I purchased around the same time. I acquired a couple of non-Rugers over the years (a West German made .380 Walther PPK/S and a Colt .45 Lightweight Commander), but I always wanted a Ruger .357. So when I got back into shooting last year I purchased a GP100, and I love it. My wife went shooting with me for the first time a couple of months ago, and enjoyed it so much she joined the NRA that afternoon, did some research on her own, and a couple of weeks ago told me that she wanted to buy a .357 SP101! What a gal! So last weekend at the gun show we picked one up. It is also a great gun, but the black ribbed inserts don't do much for the look of it, so I swapped and gave her my wood grip inserts (it's the least a gentleman can do!), and now I am looking to purchase a 2nd set for me. I called the Ruger parts department and they told me they no longer sell them - even though they are listed in the parts manual ("WI" for the fixed sight models). I started looking around the web and ran across a posting on another gun forum from someone who purchased set from 41 Magnum here on RugerForum, who said they were extremely happy with both his quality and fast service. So that is how I came to be here. I would like to ask everyone's advice about either where to find a factory set of wood grip inserts for the GP100, or the best way to contact 41 Magnum, to find out if he is still making them, since I did not see any way to contact him via private email. So thank you for listening - I'm glad to be here!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Welcome, not trying to chase you away,(I thought Jim was a member here also), but 41Magnum has grip inserts and panels for the Sp,Gp,Blackhawks posted in the for sale pages on the other Ruger forum.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts