Ruger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

I wanted to know if I am able to interchange my Ruger 22/45 Barrel for a shorter one? My Gov't Target Model came with 5 1/2 inch Barrel and I want to purchase a shorter one because Long Barrel is top heavy when I shoot.

Thanks to all who respond

Sincerely Frado

· Retired Moderator & Jazz Nerd
16,360 Posts
Frado ... 1st of all welcome to the forum. Secondly, in answer to your question, IMHO your best bet would be to either install a Pac-Lite barrel (about $300 shipped) or sell your current 22/45 and upgrade to a new 22/45 Lite (around $425).

· Registered
812 Posts
frado,

Welcome to the forum. I think you're measureing your barrel wrong. Government Target Models have a 6 7/8 inch barrel. Barrels are measured from the breach to the muzzle. 5 1/2 inches would be from the muzzle to the front of the receiver

I do have a question about the 22/45 part of your post. Does your receiver have 'Government Target Model' on the right side of the receiver and 'RUGER 22/45' on the left side?

HSG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.