Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

I wanted to know if I am able to interchange my Ruger 22/45 Barrel for a shorter one? My Gov't Target Model came with 5 1/2 inch Barrel and I want to purchase a shorter one because Long Barrel is top heavy when I shoot.

Thanks to all who respond

Sincerely Frado

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
welcome from nevada! i don't know if this is possible, but would a 22/45 lite barrel work on yours?

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Welcome from SW Florida. Might try posting your question in the Ruger Rimfires forum under the heading Pistols and Revolvers. That should get the attention of the gurus who hang out there.

·
Super Moderator
16,284 Posts
Frado ... 1st of all welcome to the forum. Secondly, in answer to your question, IMHO your best bet would be to either install a Pac-Lite barrel (about $300 shipped) or sell your current 22/45 and upgrade to a new 22/45 Lite (around $425).

·
Registered
701 Posts
frado,

Welcome to the forum. I think you're measureing your barrel wrong. Government Target Models have a 6 7/8 inch barrel. Barrels are measured from the breach to the muzzle. 5 1/2 inches would be from the muzzle to the front of the receiver

I do have a question about the 22/45 part of your post. Does your receiver have 'Government Target Model' on the right side of the receiver and 'RUGER 22/45' on the left side?

HSG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts