Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are barrels so hard to find for my Bisley 45 ? All I want is to replace my 7.5 inch tube with a 4.625 inch tube without paying through the nose. I tried Numrich and a few gun auction sites. Even Google was no help! Such a common gun, I'm dumbfounded. Secondly, I've owned and shot many a Blackhawk in 45 colt, including vaqueros in 3 different variations. All of them had fluted cylinders. So why is it so hard to find a Bisley (not the vaquero) Blackhawk with a fluted cylinder? Most common ones all seem to have 7.5 inch barrels and non fluted cylinders. I'd love to be able to switch my cylinder for a fluted one, but I'd probably be better off just buying a Blackhawk and fitting it with a Bisley grip frame (I like heavy 45 colt fodder).

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something here... Why not just cut your barrel down? There's a 4 5/8" barrel hiding in the middle of your 7 1/2" barrel, all you need to have done is the front sight base soldered on and the muzzle recrowned.

Else, like Hondo mentioned, barrels aren't hard to find. Nobody has a regular supply of them, since they're all take off parts, but they're not hard to find either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts