Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the catalog Brownells to find 8 shots magazine for my SR1911 but I can not understand what's the kind that's fine. Can someone please help me ? thank you;)

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have a Wilson #47DCB that works great with my SR1911 Light Weight!!

Ron

·
Registered
154 Posts
The Wilsons and McCormicks are both great magazines, and I would suggest their use (premium magazines) in a carry weapon as long as they work 100% in YOUR SR1911.

But, so far, everything has worked well in my SR1911 - even some old bulk gun show and military surplus buys.

·
Registered
6 Posts
IMHO CMC mags are "heavier" than Wilson and I prefer them. I only bought Wilson for an AL frame 1911 because they had a non-metallic follower that wouldn't damage the feed ramp.
BTW, 10 round CMC power mags are super.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Every magazine I have used in my SR1911 has worked. I have some Colt, some non dis -script mags , Taurus mags for their PT 1911. I believe if it fits one 1911 it will fit and work in the SR 1911. Enjoy your Ruger you will be very please with it.

I did buy some cheap 1911 mags at the last gun show I went to. No name but a plastic follower. Pure piece of crap. I guess I'll use them in the next wind chime I build.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Wilson all the way

I use ONLY Wilson combat magazines in my .45 1911's. I have yet to experience any problem with a Wilson mag. I use in my several 1911's. When I carry they are the ONLY mags in my weapon and mag, case. They always work without a hitch of any kind. After all, your life may be riding on their performance. That reminds me of the cleverest ad I encountered while selecting gear for my sport's car racing days. It was for a VERY costly helmet and it went like this: " if you have a ten (10) dollar head, buy a ten (10) dollar helmet." a true gem of an ad.

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
The cheap Brownells mags work fine in all of my 1911's!

·
Banned
84 Posts
mags

I have used the following 8-round magazines in my SR1911's:

Ruger
Wilson Combat 47d
Chip McCormick Shooting Star
Chip McCormick Power Mag
Kimber Pro

Aside from issues with a Lightweight CMD unit all my other SR1911's have functioned flawlessly with all the mags listed.

That being said I tend to gravitate more towards Chip McCormick and Wilson Combat (just ordered 3 CMC Power Mags the other day). The Kimber units have been fine but I am not a fan of how the base pads attach as the attachment screws do no have a lot of "purchase" in the base plate due to short attachment screws.

I've wanted to try some other brands but it's hard to do when I can get the CMC and Wilson's for $27-$28 each shipped online.

My advice is to try some different brands and see what your pistol "likes". The good thing is that if you buy a well-known brand name mag and you or the pistol don't care for it them selling them is not usually an issue.

Have fun!!

BK

·
Registered
930 Posts
Like many others have mentioned Wilson Combat work great for me.

SR1911
SR1911 CMD
Sig 1911

All three love the Wilson Combat 8 round 1911 mags and it feeds everything very well.

Three weeks ago at a bowling pin shoot and another shooter was having issues with his 1911 and failure to feed, he tried one of my Wilson Combat and 8 rounds feed great.

Hope you find what you want.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought two Chip McCormick 8 rounders for my sr1911 cmd. Occasionally have trouble getting the first round to chamber and about half the time the slide doesn't stay open on the empty mag. Just gonna stick with the factory 7 rounders.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts