Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a new holster for my P345. Have Uncle Mike's Ambidextrous Sidekick http://www.uncle-mikes.com/products/sidekick_ambidextrous_hip_holsters.html right now that works fine but just need an excuse to spend a few bucks I guess. I like the Blackhawk "Level 2 Duty SERPA Holster" http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=44H0&C=C1067. It's not available for P345! I have heard that any holsters that fit the P266 will fit a P345. Does anyone out there have an input as to whether this is true or not?

Thanks, CM

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
i also have read in a few spots that 226 leather will fit the 345 but don't know how well. might not work so well on some specific molded holsters or certain level internal retention device holsters as compared to say a std jordan style thumbreak.

Blade-tech has some kydex holsters that will fit the 345 including this duty one here:

http://www.blade-tech.com/Belt-Holster-Tech-Gear-Level-II-with-Tek-Lok-pr-831.html

·
Registered
46 Posts
I use Fist holsters for my 345.I ordered a 1A with an extreme fwd cant and while I was waiting the 5 weeks I found that the 17A I had for a S&W 9mm Sigma worked perfect,now I've got two holsters.

·
Registered
302 Posts
The 345 fits fine and tight in a Don Hume IWB that a P89 also fits.
The P226 is a tad taller and won't fit in that holster. It would with a soaking and some work but not as is.

Thanks rman for letting me try that out to see.

tk

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
quote:Originally posted by tkarter

The 345 fits fine and tight in a Don Hume IWB that a P89 also fits.
The P226 is a tad taller and won't fit in that holster. It would with a soaking and some work but not as is.

Thanks rman for letting me try that out to see.

tk
You're welcome!:)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Howdy, I am looking very seriously at a Ross M23 driving leather holster that also doubles as a middle of back. But nobody can tell me if it fits my P345 with a rail or if the same one will fit my P95 with a rail. It is a really nice holster I think but need input and would appreciate it if anyone has had experience with this model or any other Ross. Thanks in advance, John

·
Registered
219 Posts
OK, Nov 2 the Ross M23 holster is delivered. It is very tight on the P345. It does have room for the rail. There is no way the 95 will fit inside. It looks like a very well made holster. They use molds that match each gun precisely (so they say) and somehow soak the holster in water to form it, I think.
I sure wish the mold model would have been a little larger to allow room for a faster withdraw of the gun. I don't think the gun can be drawn without using the other hand to hold on to the holster. Maybe I can stretch it or it will loosen up in time.
For that kind of money I would think it should be 'perfect' right out of the package.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered a Tucker pancake with a few extras about a week ago. Set me back $109 I let you guys know how it is.

·
Super Moderator
21,469 Posts
www.simplyrugged.com

Drop a note to Rob I heard he had something already. He makes a decent product at a very reasonable price.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I use Fist holsters,when I got my 345 I ordered an IWB from Fist and then found out that the one I had for my S&W Sigma works just as good,so now I've got two holsters.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Well I got the Ross M23 Driving holster softened up. Have you ever read about when the white settlers came over they discovered that the Indian women actually Chewed the deer hide to soften it? Well I reckon it worked for them but my wife got kinda mad when I asked her to gnaw around on my holster for a while. So I found a tapered flashlight that was a little larger than the holster. I kept pushing it into the holster and letting it set for a few hours at a time.
It now fits the P345 comfortably and the P95 goes in too.
Pretty cool holster cause it is quick to fasten to your belt for cross draw while you are driving and middle of back while carrying if you prefer.
I still get a kick out of thinkin about my wife chewin around on a holster. She’s always shootin her mouth off anyhow.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
(in my best homer simpson voice) - Mmmmmmm leather holster[:p]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts