Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not shot either of my choices, but...

I have been saving up and just bought my wife a new SS GP100 last night;) I still have enough to buy either a new Ruger Scout Rifle or a new Ruger SS Mini14 Ranch Rifle. The store that I am buying from has the Scout Rifle only $28.00 more than the Mini14 (Mini14 $635.00 & the Scout $663.00).
I was going to buy the Mini14 today, but noticed the Scout Rifle tucked away in the back rack. After looking at them both I can't make up my mind??? I want something that I can throw in my jeep and take with me when I am roaming the woods.
I really am not looking for a hunting rifle as I have that area pretty well covered…decisions, decisions, decisions:confused:

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
At the end of the day, it's your choice.
Me, personally I lean towards the Scout.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Ammo is cheaper for the mini14. Gunsight is more accurate from what I hear (don't own it so I can't verify.) It all depends on what you want the use it for.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I love my mini 14, but want a scout rifle. I would say get the mini first. Ammo is cheaper and its a blast to shoot.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
For me, owning a Mini 14 could be cool, but I really have no use for it, other than high-priced plinking. My several other longarms serve my purposes (.22 LR plinking, short-range hunting, long-range hunting).

For roaming the woods, I would feel more comfortable with the wallop of the 7.62 GSR, compared with the Mini's 5.56 round.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay… I brought home my first Mini 14 this afternoon. It is the SS model with the five round magazines NIB. I am excited to get out and shoot her. My son and twin girls are also looking forward to shooting a magazine or two through her :D
Thanks for all the input and advice; I am saving quickly to get the Scout rifle before someone else jumps on it - I hope I can grab it before Christmas.
Thanks again,
Paul

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Okay… I brought home my first Mini 14 this afternoon. It is the SS model with the five round magazines NIB. I am excited to get out and shoot her. My son and twin girls are also looking forward to shooting a magazine or two through her :D
Thanks for all the input and advice; I am saving quickly to get the Scout rifle before someone else jumps on it - I hope I can grab it before Christmas.
Thanks again,
Paul
Cool! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.