Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not shot either of my choices, but...

I have been saving up and just bought my wife a new SS GP100 last night;) I still have enough to buy either a new Ruger Scout Rifle or a new Ruger SS Mini14 Ranch Rifle. The store that I am buying from has the Scout Rifle only $28.00 more than the Mini14 (Mini14 $635.00 & the Scout $663.00).
I was going to buy the Mini14 today, but noticed the Scout Rifle tucked away in the back rack. After looking at them both I can't make up my mind??? I want something that I can throw in my jeep and take with me when I am roaming the woods.
I really am not looking for a hunting rifle as I have that area pretty well covered…decisions, decisions, decisions:confused:

I posted this in the bolt action forum too.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Personally, I'd jump on the GSR for that price!

However, since you stated you didn't another hunting rifle just go with the mini. Both can perform the task you described. So now it's just a matter of preference, semi auto or bolt? .223 or .308?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Since you already have a hunting rifle I would go with the mini 14. I just bought a tactical mini and love it. It is handy and fun to shoot.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wow, the GSR at that price is soooo tempting!

BUT... if you want a tag-along rifle for the car, definitely go for the Mini-14. Looks like you've found one at a good price. Good luck whichever you choose!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay… I brought home my first Mini 14 this afternoon. It is the SS model with the five round magazines NIB. I am excited to get out and shoot her. My son and twin girls are also looking forward to shooting a magazine or two through her :D
Thanks for all the input and advice; I am saving quickly to get the Scout rifle before someone else jumps on it - I hope I can grab it before Christmas.
Thanks again,
Paul

·
Registered
141 Posts
Congratulations, Paul! You won't regret getting your first Mini!

Let us know what you think after you've had a chance to shoot it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts