Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 4" fixed sight GP100, now I need an IWB holster for it. I currently use the cheapest Don Hume holsters, and I usually enjoy them, but the last one I bought was for a Glock 21 (which, fully loaded, only weighs about an ounce less than my fully loaded GP100,) and the single belt clip drags my pants down, and the pistol is starting to dig into my side. I now want to try a double clip IWB holster like the Crossbreed Super-Tuck. However, they don't make a GP100 holster. I found the Kholster Full Moon, which looked perfect, but they have to build it first, and the gentleman said it would be up to 3 weeks before it even shipped. So, for those of you who use a double-clip IWB holster like the Super-Tuck or the Full Moon, can you let me know? It must have some body shielding to keep metal off skin, and it must be adjustable for carry depth and ride cant. I would prefer it if the company has them in stock and can ship immediately, as opposed to waiting a month for it to be built. Also, I hear that the Kydex that is used for the crossbreed can wear a finish quickly. Would a full leather holster wear less? Are there any full leather holsters like the Super-tuck? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
358 Posts
Your gun weighs around 3 pounds loaded. Regardless of what kind of holster you use, you are carrying a lot of weight. If you plan on carrying a heavy gun, you might consider some good suspenders to go with a good belt to carry some of that weight. Also, a loose belt, no matter how stiff, will sag with a lot of weight on it. I really tried to like the Kholster carrying a full size .40 cal semi auto. I had the same problem you are having.

My solution was to go lighter in the weapon and I ended up with a single stack 9mm. If you are going to carry a heavy gun IWB, cinch that belt up good!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great lead, thanks. I sent them an email to inquire about timing. Do you use one of those? If so, do you like it?

More ideas welcome, thanks.
I don't have a theis, but have read about guys really liking them on other forums. Personally I use a supertuck.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've been looking for a holster for my P95 for about 3 weeks now. All the hybrid holster manufacturers I found either didn't offer a holster for the gun or were taking orders, running 3 - 6 weeks behind. I finally ordered a Winthrop Holster IWB but it's all leather. They had it in stock & shipped it out today too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the info guys. I found this one with google. It's beautiful, and has no Kydex, which I hear will wear a pistol faster. It's an Invisi-Tuck by American Holster Company. However, they have an 18 week wait time. I hate to be impatient, but I can't wait 18 weeks. Does anybody know of another company that makes a holster like this, with no Kydex? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I checked and Winthrop doesn't offer one for the GP100 unfortunately. That's a great looking holster in the photo though!

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Simply Rugged will make a holster that can go two ways OWB or IWB. He will supply what he calls inside/out straps for another $10.

Simply Rugged Holsters

·
Registered
275 Posts
Old Faithful has a great holster,but I didn't see the gp100 on their site either. They did offer one for e p95 for 5150wolf if you're still looking.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Old Faithful has a great holster,but I didn't see the gp100 on their site either. They did offer one for e p95 for 5150wolf if you're still looking.
I did check out Old Faithful and really like the look of their holster. It's at a great price also. I purchased mine from Winthrop Holster (full leather w/reinforced mouth) mainly because they had the holster in stock. But I will probably order a hybrid from Old Faithful in the next couple of weeks. I really needed a holster now to carry with as the one I have now really sux. LOL. So I can now wait a few weeks til Old Faithful sends me one of theirs. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts