Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 9mm Sig P250 subcompact as a concealed carry that I love and just picked up a P250 Compact Long Slide (compact grip/magazines with full size barrel/slide) because I wanted a full size pistol for classes. Here's what I need help with, should I:
  • Buy compact magazines for my P250 compact and keep it at 15+1 capacity
  • Buy full size magazines and a full size grip to convert it to the standard full size configuration with 17+1 capacity
  • Buy full size magazines and use them in the compact grip with a magazine adapter sleeve

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I have a Sig P320 [same as your 250, but striker-fired]. I have the full size and compact conversion. Unfortunately, I do not have the same luxury you have regarding magazine capacity - mine is 10 or less. Given the option, I would have three (3) dedicated compact magazines [15+1] for EDC - all the rest I would go with the full sized, highest capacity and get several sleeve adapters. This way, even if you wanted to bump up capacity on your carry gun, you could (not so the other way around).

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not going to concealed carry the compact and I'm not going to use full size magazines with the subcompact. I already have 15 round mags for the subcompact, but I have to put tape on the adapter sleeves to use them. None of those mags will be going in my compact because I don't want to deal with sticky residue on the mag well of my grip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts