Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help me value this .41 3 screw old style un converted blackhawk with a 4" barrel ::)

So picked up an estate of about 50 guns the other day and some of the flat-top blackhawks caught my eye but after getting them all in the car, I noticed this little guy popping our of a big piece of cotton.

It's an unconverted old style 3 screw .41mag blackhawk with a 4" barrel well 4 5/8". Now I know they are getting really hard to find so Im coming to the experts for help with my valuation. Anyone have one, what are they selling for?

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Shows some scratches and holster wear. Even putting it at 80% it's only worth $350.00 to $450.00. Nice shooter though. This was according to the Blue Book of Gun Values. I may have missed something of importance that would increase it's value to those of you with more experience on flat tops.

·
Registered
254 Posts
RedSplotch covered up the Ser# so I can only date it somewhere between '69-'73...condition is not Great..but around here "Shooters" are bringing $500 in about the same shape.
It would make a nice addition to anyones Shooting Stable.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Thats a very nice looking used Ruger Blackhawk I would shoot it and leave it as is looks plenty nice to me!!!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Thats a very nice looking used Ruger Blackhawk I would shoot it and leave it as is looks plenty nice to me!!!
Ditto that.

Note to EdwardArmsCo. & CaliforniaKid - Its not a "flat top". Ruger produced the three screw .41 mags after production of the earlier model "flat tops" ceased. This is a common mistake by folks unfamiliar with Ruger production history. I saw a post 1962 three screw .357 Blackhawk for sale at a recent gun show labeled and priced as a "flat top".

Early Blackhawk "Flat Tops":

Post 1962 Blackhawk .41 Magnums:

Look closely at the design of the rear sights and see the difference. There is a slight bump in front of the rear sight blade on the later models that doesn't exist on the "flat tops" better illustrated on this post 1962 .45 Blackhawk:

The .41 Mag revolver illustrated at the beginning of this thread doesn't appear to have the transfer bar conversion and would probably be priced in the $500 to $550 range in our area but check Gun Broker for finished auctions to see what they are going for there.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I've seen them go around here for as much as $750.00 in much worse shape as yours as low as $500.00 as long as they haven't been altered by Ruger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts