Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife loves her SP 101 38/357 with the target sights and a 4.2" barrel. She is a very accurate shot. She would like to carry it CC but has not been able to find a holster mainly because of the 4.2" barrel. We are in our sixties and retired. I bought her a Blackhawk belt pouch that works but she would rather carry it in some type of holster. This may be more of a clothing problem than a holster problem. Also this gun fits her hand so well and is so easy for her to shoot with .38 ammo. Suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just ordered one from Hays Holster's for my 4" sp101 the other day. This will be my first Holster from them and after talking to Jeff the owner I'm looking forward to getting it. He was a big help with getting me what I wanted. I can't wait until I get it. It will be my first custom holster.

Check out their site: Hays Holsters

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will show her Hayes holsters

Did you buy the "working man" model? Hope you like your SP. She loves hers she really likes the target sights. When new the trigger was very grainy and catchy feeling. I was told to dry snap it 500 times and that should help break it in. That maybe helped a little but not much. I carried it to a gunsmith and he smoothed up the trigger parts and said the cylinder was out of time. He charged $25.00 and we could not be any happier.
Maybe she will think that she can conceal carry with that Hays holster.
Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ordered the pancake holster and had Jeff put another slot in it so I can wear it crossdraw and had him ad a thumb break. Should be here a couple weeks and I'll post a couple pictures of it when it comes in.

I'm planning to order one of the working man holsters in a few months. Jeff actually recommended that holster to me along with the holster I ordered before we added the thumb break.

I really do like my SP. My trigger is a little gritty feeling also, I've put a 100 rounds through it so far and I can already feel it getting better. I'm going to wait till the round count is higher before I make any changes to it.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Good chance you'll try a few before finding "the one". I went through a few before find the one I liked. Ended up taking a chance on, then, a new design - tuckable. Tried a Mitch Rosen "Workman", the original tuck able that everyone else got the idea from and copied. Awesome!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow! Those Mich Rosen holsters to look nice, but, they are just out of my price range. I bet that Workman is comfortable. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Wow! Those Mich Rosen holsters to look nice, but, they are just out of my price range. I bet that Workman is comfortable. Thanks for the suggestion.
You get what you pay for. If you don't skimp on the gun, why do the same on the gear, the holster, the belt, etc... Same goes for the classes/training. Don't settle with just the bare minimum, basic requirement classes. If one's honestly serious about it, one puts the effort forward. ;)

RE: Workman...the gun simply disappears. using one of his belts, there's no droop, sag or really noticeable tug.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts