Ruger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the stock off my 3 week old 10/22 to see why it wouldnt cock after cleaning it. When I pushed out the big bolt pin, the trigger assy pins fell out and out came all of it. Now I got springs and parts and have no clue how to put it back together. Have not found a video that makes since.

I'm trying to post a picture of the mess I got but cannot

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
I am sorry this happened to you. I have 2 10/22s and formerly, a MK512. I don't have a clue how to take them down for a detailed cleaning. I use a bore snake on one, and the other is a takedown so its easy.....

I have been playing with guns for 40 years, and I have seen far too many guns made inoperative by "routine" cleaning....I have never had my 10/22s fail to work yet.

Not being snarky or such, but I will wait until my until my guns stop working before I take them apart!

I DO diassemble and thouroughly clean my bolt action rifles,revolvers, and my 1911. I just don't want to bring my 22 Rugers to my local gunsmith in a coffee can.

I am sure you will figure this all out shortly.

Cheers

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
It's really not all the difficult once you do it. If ya really get stuck, send it and I'll reassemble it for ya for what return shipping would be, $5 or so I guess Priority Mail is. Can do 'em in my sleep I think by now. It can a bit of a task w/o a slave pin for the trigger sear assembly.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Now the fear is gone. Good job!! Now really go and enjoy your gun knowing you can fix anything that goes wrong with it. If you want to stop those pins from falling out Kidd makes ones that have screws it the ends to stop that from happing. Even has a vidieo of how to do it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.