Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i bought a used ruger 1 with manlicher stock in 30 06 it is in need ofa scope
This is my first number 1
Any suggestions on what to buy?
I dont want it to be too expensive i will also have to order scope rings from ruger
Thanks for all your reply

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hello i bought a used ruger 1 with manlicher stock in 30 06 it is in need ofa scope
This is my first number 1
Any suggestions on what to buy?
I dont want it to be too expensive i will also have to order scope rings from ruger
Thanks for all your reply
Every Ruger No. 1 is sold with rings. Where are the rings that originally came with your No. 1.? If the previous owner has them, ask for them. No other brand of rifle will have Ruger bases.

As to the scope, it all depends on how you plan to use the rifle and what you call expensive. Any Ruger No. 1 certainly deserves a decent scope. If you want to buy new and save a bit on cash, take a look at the new Redfields.

·
Cat Herder
1,656 Posts
My favorite scope anymore is the Nikon prostaff rimfire 4x32, but I have no reason to reach out past 100 yards. And they are only about $100.

·
Registered
112 Posts
What are you going to use it for, hunting or just fun?

For hunting, I'd seal the stock first (spar varnish is very weather-resistant). A Leupold 6x 42mm is about all you'd need for everything in Alaska short of big bears (and would work on them in most cases).

If it's just going to be a range toy, a Nikon Monarch or Leupold Vx3 3.5x-10x would work nicely.

In either case, avoid scope ith objective greater than 42mm as they will require extra-high rings.

mbogo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts