Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the stimulus comes through, I'm thinking about helping to jump start the economy by picking up a SS Convertible Single Six in 5.5" or 6.5".

·
Registered
490 Posts
I was thinking the same. I’d love for a politician to buy a gun for me !:D

·
Registered
315 Posts
The same thought has crossed my mind... In my current situation though, the stimulus money will pay for one month mortgage, and a tank of oil... Right now that is more important to me- having a backup plan... I have plenty of guns for now, I will wait till things loosen up a little, then buy more :)

But trust me, If I got the money and the wife didn't know about it... I would probably do the same :) at least with some of it... I mean "NO HONEY, I WOULD NEVER WASTE MONEY on Guns!" (it's not wasting!) LOL

·
Registered
551 Posts
You’ll have money but will there be anything to buy? Or anybody open to sell and ship?

FWIW I spent mine as soon as they started talking about it.

My new generator is being delivered today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The idea of a PC Charger is interesting but I think it would be easier to get a unicorn right now.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
A stainless steel Single-six sounds like and excellent place for some of that stimulus money to go! That's what I wanted when I found my used blued steel Super Single-six convertible. I used some paint remover on the grip frame and now I have what appears to be a half stainless steel revolver.:D I like it.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I could afford a new.... Wrangler and at least 2 50 round boxes of ammo !
Gary

·
Premium Member
14,075 Posts
New trolling motor for bass boat ok?

·
Forlorn Hope
612 Posts
The idea of a PC Charger is interesting but I think it would be easier to get a unicorn right now.
I live 2 miles from the factory where they are made, and 2 LGS are on a direct delivery setup, so it is certainly not an issue of availability, just one of resolve. I don't NEED one, I just WANT one. I think practical concerns will win out.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know all of you know this, but I expect to see a large number of scam and fraud attempts once the checks hit the streets. Tread carefully and use your head.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looking at the Single Six. what are your thoughts on the Talo Single Six Cowboy convertible? I do intend to shoot the revolver.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I won't qualify for the stimulus (I'm paid fairly well, as an Oracle/SQL Server/MySQL DBA), but I've been eyeing the 9mm PC Carbine and I'm considering jumping through all the hoops to get a CCW...

1 - 20 of 62 Posts