Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to purchase a 10/22 to mod with the Arch-Angel Kid (the ar-15 look-alike) Which of the Ruger 10/22's would be the best for Shooting LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of ammo through. I have in mind makin this my "Zombie Gun" lol, . But really I intend on buying the Drum mags etc, I have alot of the accessories from my AR's so thats not a prob. Just the Best Base rifle to use with the knowledge of TONs of rounds are gonna go through it. THX MUCH!!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, you are asking which 10/22 you should get?

If you plan on swapping out the stock, just get the cheapest 10/22 you can find. (For new 10/22s, blued barrel with synthetic stock are usually the cheapest).

For the most part, the only major differences between the 10/22 models are externals and the barrels (length, bull barrel vs stainless vs blued). The receiver and bolt and what not are the same. The target 10/22 has a lighter trigger pull and a bull barrel, but other than that it's pretty much the same as any other 10/22.

Reliability between all of the 10/22s should be the same. They use the same parts.

The only 10/22 you don't want if you are going for the Arch Angel kit is the takedown. I believe it is incompatible.

If you wanted, you could just start with this http://www.ruger.com/products/sr22Rifle/models.html.

I believe it is more expensive than buying a standard 10/22 and then the Angel kit though..

If you are wanting the feel to be as close as possible to an AR, you could get a S&W MP15-22 or...get a .22lr upper for your AR.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I have heard the drum mags are unreliable but never tried one myself...although at one time I did want one too...changed my mind after seeing how many people said they didn't work so well and how much they cost...

For 50 rd capability I would get two Tactical Innovations 25 rd mags (plastic with steel lips) and tape them together military style...you know...like the guys with real M-16s do... :D

·
Registered
422 Posts
From my research, The 10/22 "Carbine" is what you want. The owners manual states that the Tactical and Target Rifles can become damaged if you use CCI Stinger rounds due to their longer casing. I'm not sure about the aftermarket barrels?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts