Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have acquired a Ruger .357 Blackhawk. From what I have found I believe I have a 3 screw model. I've tried to find a serial number match but haven't had any luck. There appears to be something that can screw into the top of the frame with one little screw. Doesn't seem to have any wear on the firearm.

I'm hoping some of you guys will be able to tell me what exactly I have.
I'd like to know what year it was manufactured, and about how much it is worth.

I have included pictures below.

TIA
-Al

Attachments

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,895 Posts
The serial number is from 1964.

Not sure what you are referring to by the statement about something can screw into the top of the frame. Any photo of the top of the frame you're talking about?

Looks to be in very nice condition. As to value that's gonna be somewhat of an educated guess. If you paid for it recently you may have already set a value for that example. From a collector's standpoint the important questions are has it had the transfer bar update done by the factory or is it still unconverted? Do you have the original box and papers? Do you have the original grip panels? Original unconverted with box and papers will be worth more than transfer bar conversion, no box, no original grip panels. People (including myself) have bought nice examples like yours with box, unconverted and original grip panels for as little as $350. They seem to be found regularly enough for $450 - $500. Some have paid over $600 for something they really wanted. So the range is quite wide depending on the above factors plus location. For whatever reason the old 3 screw Blackhawks seem to be more prevalent in some parts of the country than others and that can affect local pricing. What you have is a very common configuraion of barrel length and caliber and many, many thousands made so certainly not an uncommon find. But they also haven't made any since 1973 so what there are is all there will be.

Nice find and thanks for sharing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts