Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I bought a used P97 Ruger. It didn't have the original box, instructions or the extra Magazine. Since I also own a P95 and both are decocker models I broke it down like I do my P95. I can't get the slide to go back on all the way. I've noticed that when I'm trying to put the slide on the injector pops up. I haven't called Ruger yet, but I was hoping sosmeone on the forum knew what my problem is. Thanks,
Terry

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Wish I could help you but don't have any of those auto-shucker P models - yet.
The Ruger web site has very good downloadable instruction manuals and if you call Ruger, they will mail you one for free. All their info is on the web site.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Before putting the slide back on the P97, push the ejector all the way down with your finger and then put the slide on. Should slide on without a problem, but only slide it to the marking on the slide, and put the pin in before sliding it all the way back.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies I finally found my problem. I have to put downward pressure on my slide for the pistol to go back together. I will call Ruger and talk to them about this.
Terry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts