Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this is inappropriate or violates any rules, but I get so much enjoyment from the forums and have learned so much I wanted to take this opportunity to sort of repay the favor. Walmart is dumping the whole Henry rifle line. Discounts on pistol caliber lever actions (.44 Mag & .357 Mag) are several hundred dollars. I enjoy loading and shooting my Redhawk and Henry Big Boy both in .44 Mag. Just a heads up, and I apologize to the mods once more for the effort needed to remove this post if they need to.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,662 Posts
The thought of a discounted Henry is almost enough to tempt me to go into a Walmart. Thanks for the tip!

·
Premium Member
13,950 Posts
I have not been in a Walmart in a couple years along with Dick's Sporting Goods.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
It is worth looking into.

I live in a rural county so the choices are Walmart and HEB in Central Texas.

I go there and the feed stores.

·
Registered
339 Posts
They are not marked down in my neck of the woods. The blued 22's go up and down by 10 bucks all the time. The walmart in Buckhorn has the 45/70 for 660.00. The 44's are in the 7's. I asked why the 45/70 was less. The gal at the counter said it doesn't sell.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Walmart dropped guns here when the new transfer laws went into effect last July (all firearms sales go through an FFL) because they did not want to deal with transfers and people bringing guns into the stores.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess believing a clerk at WallyWorld is as foolish as believing a clerk anywhere when it comes to guns, even though he's been there at least 8 years. I was told they were dropping the line across the board and the deep discounts were universal in all stores that carry(ied) the Henry line. Apologies for any inconvenience and I'll go back to just reading.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
I guess believing a clerk at WallyWorld is as foolish as believing a clerk anywhere when it comes to guns, even though he's been there at least 8 years. I was told they were dropping the line across the board and the deep discounts were universal in all stores that carry(ied) the Henry line. Apologies for any inconvenience and I'll go back to just reading.
No harm no foul. You hear things like that it’s worth mentioning. Just like the mini14’s marked down to $400, be first or miss out. If the deal is possible, it’s worth checking out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
One Star
9,631 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
98 Posts
They evidently put the .357 and .44 mag on clearance but .22 lr was normal price. I appreciate the heads up.

·
Cat Herder
1,629 Posts
I've never seen anything but Henry 22s at my Walmart as is. My Walmart's sporting goods kind of sucks anyway. When they clearanced Minis they hadn't had one in ages anyway. When they clearanced ammo they were pretty limited in selection already and prices were only competitive with online, not awesome.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts