Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this year, I gave my Henry .22 carbine to my brother in law. He liked it, so I gave it to him. Yesterday, my wife says, "Let's go to Picketts", (local gun store). Of course I said OK....any chance to look at new guns. We got there, and she told me to pick out the Henry lever action I wanted. I got the H001. Longer than the carbine, and not as heavy as the octagon barrel. She bought it for me and said Merry Christmas. I asked her why she was doing this, and she told me that I was nice enough to give her brother mine, so she was buying me another. Love that woman, and have for 35 years.

Got it home, cleaned the factory gunk out, oiled it up, and loaded it. Sat under the oaks and 2 shots=2 tree rats...I like the rifle...nice trigger, nice feel. I'm going to use this for a competition our local club has called RIMFIRE RUCKUS. It is essentionally Cowboy action, but in rimfire calibers. Lots less expensive and just as much fun. Now I need a Ruger Single Six and holster rig, and a single barrel, single shot, shotgun. This is gonna be fun.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Hey Wizard, got any other eligible sisters...my gun cabinet could always use a little filling out!

Uh-oh here comes the wife, better post this quick!

J/K

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
looks like a good Christmas!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just so noone thinks this is a one-way-street, this morning, I ordered her a Leather duster that she has been wanting for a while. BTW: she's got 2 sisters, but they're both taken...I got the best of the three.....:D

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Hey Wizard, your wife got any other sisters? I could use brother-in-law like you! :D

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Wiz, you'll need a new gun for that...can't teach how to open a new gunbox and unwrap using an old one...which one will it be????

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sheepdog, my next (for the western style rimfire) will be a Single Six and a Rossi Break top, single barrel, in 12ga. Also, in January, I hope to order a CZ453 for 100yd BR. And probably towards the end of next year, I plan on getting one of those new Sig P250's, for carry. I like the idea of a modular pistol. It seems as though (when they come out with the .40 and .45), you will be able to break it down and change from 9mm to .40 or .45. The receiver is the only part that has a serial#. They will have different grip frames, differ slides and different barrels. It is a DAO with a 5.5 - 6 lb. pull. And the price looks to be about $600. I've read that the "kit" to change calibers will run about $400. Should be interesting......

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
this is a great post thanks for sharing it with us.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts