Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the drive home I had to pull over and snap this picture. I do hope the rig operator was not hurt. Seems almost impossible. The rig fell off a dirt mount to the right just out of the frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Ouch! You just can't fool gravity!

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
That's a 6 point Deere :D!!! Nice! Who shot it? Do they usually go ti... eh, legs up like that? I dunno, I'm a duck hunter.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Don't ya just hate when that happens?

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Oops.....

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
On various TV shows I've seen good experienced operators do some fantastic calisthenics with those excavators like that but I don't see any way that thing is going to right itself without a crane to pick it up.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Drove by tonight and loads of cop cars keeping you away from the area and three big 18 wheel type tow trucks trying to get it upright.
They could hurt it more trying to turn it over than when it fell.

Hope the operator is OK, hell of a thing on one's resume when you go looking for a new job as soon as you get out of the hospital.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
OOPS! They say nuthin' runs like a Deere...until they get shot that is...looks like it just keeled over!

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Now that is how you play turtle on its back.

If they were smart they would just dig down behind the engine compartment and drop the excavator into the hole to up right it then pull it out

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,337 Posts
If they were smart they would just dig down behind the engine compartment and drop the excavator into the hole to up right it then pull it out
^^This

·
Registered
953 Posts
I doubt the engine's rated for inverted flight...

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Now that is how you play turtle on its back.

^^^^^^^
Yep.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello rental company I'm thru with the backhoe you can come get it now. :eek:
I work for a construction equipment dealer that rents equipment. We get calls ALL the time like that, "I'm done with your machine". I get there to pickup it up and I've found stuff in places you'd be amazed equipment can even fit into. Found one on the side of a hill next to a lake that the track came off and sat for 6 months. Had one customer call and say "your machine died and won't start, it's a pile of crap". They buried it in deep thick mud and the alternator seized, burning off the belt, causing it to overheat and shutdown and the battery ran out of juice because of the alternator.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts