Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a KP345PR since I saw the first one in a gun shop. It was just my second Ruger P-series and I didn't know anything about safety versus decocker models. Since then all I've bought were decock only models. I found a used KP345DPR on Auction Arms and won the bid on it last Monday. The pawn shop here called me today and told me to come and get it. The dealer described the condition as 85%, but it really is much better than that. I'd rate it 95. The problem is, I got put on hold again from the ATF and wasn't able to take it home with me today. Man this hacks me off! The last one I bought, an SP101 was the same thing. I'm beginning to get a complex!:([8][V][xx(][?]

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yessir, that's aggravating for sure. But just think of how much more you're gonna enjoy it once you have it in your possession at last!

Amistad
'let patience have her perfect work'

·
Registered
302 Posts
You have bought too many guns LOL. We must get together. I only have the P89 but would love to buy some ammo for your stuff.

tk

·
Registered
540 Posts
NICS checks are done in a vacuum, if you so wish, you can request a personal ID number from them and they will retain your cleared info and tie it to that number which you would write on your 4473's and it should green light you in the future. I've been delayed several times for a misdemeanor from over 20 years ago (DUI). I've been squeaky clean since then, but my NICS checks get bumped to a reviewer every time because of it. Most often, the reviewer clears me while I wait, but if their system is bogged down, or they can't get a reviewer to clear it right away, they issue a delay.

I'm not going to get a PIN, because I'm not crazy about giving them permission to retain my info, and when I renew my Michigan CPL in 09, it will qualify as a NICS check alternative and do away with the checks for me altogether anyway.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Rman's the opposite, the older he gets the more shady stuff sticks to him...pretty soon he'll have to buy his guns at the bus station...:D

·
Premium Member
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quote:Originally posted by tkarter

You have bought too many guns LOL. We must get together. I only have the P89 but would love to buy some ammo for your stuff.

tk
PM me next week - maybe we can get together at Kaw Valley Gun Club. I've never shot a P89, so we can trade for a little bit.

·
Premium Member
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't listen to ole flea bag (AKA sheepdog). I've been so clean the last 45 years, I'm even disappointed in me. I don't know what the problem is. The gun shop called me after I had already gone home yesterday. Much as I wanted it, I wasn't going to drive all the way back to town to get it. Guess you know what I will be doing with my lunch hour today! Tomorrow the Missus and I are going to Columbia, Mo to pick up a bunch of bullets at Midway USA. We both need to get away for a couple of days and this was a good excuse. They advertised some really good prices on Winchester and Remington FMJ stuff for practice. Unfortunately when I looked at their web site, they were out of everything I was going to buy. I upgraded a bit from the fmj and ordered 1000 each Remington jhp for the 9mm and the .40. I didn't find anything in bulk I wanted for the .45. Oh well, guess I'll have to make another trip. One thing about it...at least Missouri honors my CHL!:D

·
Registered
302 Posts
Will do on the PM. Careful in MO. Kansas City MO doesn't honor it. Once you leave there you will be good to go.

tk

·
Premium Member
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the MO info. I'll be careful.

·
Premium Member
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Picked up the KP345DPR this morning. It looks great, da and sa trigger pulls are great. It came with no box, but had 2 magazines. I paid $285 + $20 shipping + $15 transfer fee. $330 probably isn't a great deal, but I wanted a decocker before they became scarce and it sure hasn't been hurt any. I'd rate it 98%. Won't get to shoot it until next week.:( I'll post a picture and range report then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts