Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Smith&Wesson Model 14 a month or so ago, it had problems. The cylinder release wouldn't let the cylinder open just wasn't pushing the retaining pin out far enough. So I bought knowing this was a problem but figured it could be easly fixed. All it needed was a center pin and I would be in business. never heard of one ever wearing out but none the less it would be working in no time. Tried ordering from Numrich parts they sent the wrong part it was too short. Brownell's doesn't carry the part, so took it to Mc Brides they put another one it have someone messed up with a grinder made it worse. So I called Smith& Wesson first time they told me they had warehouses full of them. Ok got my money right where I could get a traget hammer and triger for the 14 and low and behold I am told they don't carry that part any more- what!
I am going to take it to the local gun smith and let him worry about it a while. Always thought any smith could be fixed with just a part or two but not any more from where I sit. Never again will I buy a smith that has a problem or two this really one for the camp fire stories.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Snuffy
I have not delt with these folks but i have heard lots of good thing about them. You can order over the phone, maybe they got what you need they do show to have parts for mdl 14. hope this helps:

http://www.jackfirstgun.com/

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check it out just don't want to have any more parts I don't need. Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Glad to hear it. Local gunsmiths seem to be a dieing breed----just like the small mom and pop gunshops.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the best part was he knows I don't get paid until Monday he tells me next time ya see me its 15 bucks wow what a deal. I'll be there Monday to be sure. I do plan on checking out that place ya sent me to see if that have a Traget triger and hammer for the 14.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts