Ruger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 1979 Security Six recently with the old Sile rubber grips that felt very good but I went searching for a walnut grip that would look better but feel and function as well. I found a Herretts NOS smooth walnut grip that was exactly what I was looking for. Now my two Speed Sixes wear them too. They're very comfortable shooting warm 38+P even with the exposed backstrap but haven't tried 357 yet.
Handgun holster Wood Gun accessory Shotgun Gun barrel

· Registered
7,703 Posts
I had the same checkered Herretts on my Security Six many moons ago. Back when you could buy both new .....:cool:

· Registered
Ruger Shooter
900 Posts
Sexy Sixes, three beauties.

· Registered
7,703 Posts
Herritt stocks are an outstanding value. They're made to fit from an outline of your hand. I've had a set on my Colt Trooper since 1975. Try'em - you'll like them for sure!

WYT-P
Skyhunter
??? .... Mine were ready made in a box.......

Reactions: stonebuster

· Registered
617 Posts
Sir, when I ordered my set, I needed to send them a tracing of the outline of my hand to ensure the grips were a "proper fit" for my hand. I haven't needed to replace or supplement my original order, so I have no more recent experience with Herritt's stocks. Perhaps the requirements for their custom stocks have changed since 1975.

WYT-P
Skyhunter

· Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think the Herretts "Shooting Star" grips were the mass produced version but they made custom grips which required an outline of your hand. From what I've read the custom Herretts were the top of the line. I shopped for non fingergroove versions on purpose because fingergroove are hit or miss on fitting your particular fingers/hands.

· Registered
7,703 Posts
The "Shooting Star" rang a bell. That's what I had.

Reactions: stonebuster

· Registered
67 Posts
Herrett's is still in business and still makes custom grips. Yours look great.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts