Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I just purchased a blued P95DC as my first gun. I have just recently got into shooting as a hobby from my one friend and have enjoyed every bit of it ( for the whole three weeks I have been going:D ) This website looks like a great place to share info and meet others who have Ruger's and who enjoy this hobby. A little bit about me:
I am 26, newlywed and I work as a design engineer for an automotive fastener company in the Chicago suburbs. I have just found out that I will be a father and I can't wait. Thanks in advance for any help or advice you all can give me.

Thanks again,

Nick

·
Registered
704 Posts
Welcome from a fellow newbie, congratulations on the new wife and coming child. That P-95 is a great starter 9mm, most are plenty accurate. Enjoy your stay.....

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Good to see some young blood mixed in with all these old farts.
Congrats on the impending fatherhood and new wife. Hope she likes guns, this can be addicting!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Hi from TN. I have a P95 that I've had since '98 and it has been flawless so far. Congrats on becoming a dad.
Terry

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Welcome aboard. Glad you're here. Make yourself at home and enjoy the Board. Congratulations on becoming a Father. I'm going to be a new Grandfather again in August. Younguns are Great. :D

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Greetings P95Nick,
Warmest of welcomes from Connecticut, hope you enjoy the fellowship here and are active in the forums, great people and great guns, Congratulations on the expected baby and may the Lord bless the child with health, wealth and longevity and bless you with the wisdom needed to be a great parent and husband. Again, welcome,
peace,

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
welcome to the forum glad to have you and the family with us. Make sure you do all you can for your wife, what ever she wants to eat get it for if you can. Next you get with a doctor or nurse and learn how to give a baby a bath and how to change diapers. I know sounds crazy but you need to know how to do this pal. your wife and the new mom she is going to need alot of rest. And a lot of understanding also.
Need to learn how to make that bottle if she is not going to nurse. Yep you got it get up for the 3 am feedings have done it many times. Get a rocking chair, so you and the little can rock.
Give both your baby and wife all the love you can and then give some more. Its alot of work but its all paid for when that little one comes running to you with their little arms open calling daddy.
Ok call me a softy all ya want but the little ones will be taking over this work some day. And they need all the love and care they can get.
Take picture yes sir take pictures ya can't have enough pictures. You wife my feel that she is scond to the new baby so make sure you do your best to make her feel special, flowers for no reason at all. Doesn't cost much and does a whole lot of good for both of you.
Send he a card once in a while, ask her out for dinner. Cook for her help with the house work do the laundry. If you do that you will be the number man in her life for ever. And also she will want to do things for you, much more than you could ever dream of, and if she burns the meal you eat it any way and tell her you like it that way.
Now as she goes through her pregance with the baby she my cry for no reason at all, you hold her as long as she wants you too.
Also keep the car or truck topped off sometimes those little ones have to go for a ride to go to sleep. Get the best car seat you can, remember ya can cut corners on that. Its for the safety of your child.
Ok there ya go that should keep ya going for a while. And keep me posted on how things are going with your shooting and the family. We like to read that stuff here- just as me and I'll tell ya so.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome from NTex...glad to have you...Snuffy didn't miss a thing...he's been there and done that...that's what makes this forum special!!!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Hello from south Louisiana, welcome to the forum. I can remember my first child a little girl, now a mother herself and I'm a grandpa!
Children are wonderful and bring much sunshine into your life. But, and this is no secret, ask any grandparent, grandchildren are wonderfuller! They'er the ice cream and the iceing on the cake. Enjoy your child-ren they are your cake. It's kinda like the catapiller and the butterfly. "A catapiller once asked a butterfly what it was like to become a butterfly, the butterfly tried to explain it to the catapiller but couldn't make the catapiller understand." In other words you have to be a butterfly to know what it's like just as you have to be a grandparent. It's an entirely diffrent but wonderful world! Enjoy your stay here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts