Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coffeepot, anyone else? I have a horse trailer question.

My wife has a Sundowner 2-horse trailer with a dressing room, it's a gooseneck. The other day we were unhooking it and cranking that thing and she said she had seen electric motors (not hydraulic) that you could have installed that raised and lowered the trailer for hookup.

I want to try and get something like this done for her for Christmas. But I don't even know what I'm asking for. Does anyone have any experience with such things, and enough information that I can start calling around and see if I can do it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
714 Posts
One quick and easy way is to do a search on the Sundowner Trailer line and other companies. Also a quick email to said makers might lead you to the answer.

As for me I have this ancient two holer bumper pull model with tons of battle scars.

A relic from my training days.

Still love my horsies but I DONT miss those days all that much.:D

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Eddie, are you talking about the drop leg jack? If so, I believe they can be retro fitted. I would contact the nearest horse trailer dealer.

·
Registered
191 Posts
All the ones I have seen have been retrofits except for the really expensive custom rigs. I just have a class 4 frame hitch that's good for 10,000 lbs which is more than sufficient for my needs. I'm sure in some of the better monthly periodicals you'll find ads for these retrofits or just do as these other folks suggested and contact trailer manufacturers or big trailer dealers. You can't be the only one that's looking for them.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Hey Eddie. I do business with Redneck Trailer Supply in Wichita when ever we need anything that's trailer related that's not for a big truck. I won't be back in the office untill Monday, but if you want, let me know & I'll get you their contact information then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts