Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Memory is definitely what it used to be! I found I am already a member of the forum, but do not remember signing up, or posting.:eek: My wife tells me that's a sign of something.:confused:

Anyway, I have owned various Ruger firearms over the years, and have enjoyed owning and shooting them.

I have a problem, which caused me to seek out the forum and its experts is this: I have a much loved, and used 77-22 which I bought in the mid '80s, and I am trying to find an extractor for it. No immediate problems...just "in case". I called Ruger, and the sweet young thing who answered the phone told me "I don't think we have any more parts for guns that old!" Huh?

Checking with Brownell's, the extractor they have won't fit the 77-22, according to their tech person, and Ruger won't sell the part, if they have it. They require the whole rifle. They will take it in, and if it is "unrepairable", will give me a deep discount on a new rifle! NO!

Does anyone have a suggestion where I can buy a new extractor? I probably can replace it myself, as it shouldn't be any harder than my 10-22.

Thanks!

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,890 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
A big welcome to the Forum from Georgia!!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Welcome aboard Amigo!

·
Registered
17,258 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Welcome to the forum from southern Arizona!
You might get more responses on your extractor question in the bolt action forum. Sorry,I don't have any advice on that.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,546 Posts
Welcome from Nor-Cal! Check out the rifles sub-forums.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Welcome to the forum from upstate NY. Glad to have you with us.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.