Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the Tavern also. Just thought I'd introduce myself.....

I'm 39, my wife sometimes thinks I'm 12, married, 2 year old daughter
professional Dad. Electrical Engineer to pay for ammo....er...I mean to pay the bills.
Used to belong to the local pistol club but it dissolved. Began competivtive shooting in the JayCees and Daisy BB-gun Championships. Seems like a life time ago......
Never got my drivers license until I was 18 or 19 because I could ride my bike to the family farm to hunt woodchucks. Just put my .257 Roberts over my shoulder and ride.
Just got a Ruger New Model Single Six .22LR/.22WMR and I love it!! I'm trying to get back into shooting more......and RC racing more.....and being a Dad more......oh yeah, we have a new one on the way in March.......Did I say I was looking for time???

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome! You remind me of my bicycle days-2-3 handguns under my shirt and a shotgun across the handlebars-5 miles to my place in the woods-that's now covered with old townhomes...as for time, I've found out the hard way--we have to steal it from our jobs-make the $$ in the shortest time possible so we can do the important things-THEY have it the other way around and try to use us up...is your Ruger blue or SS?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Thats what I did when I was 14 or 15. Ride my bike way out in the toolies with my Iver Johnson .32 revolver. Kept it hidden from everybody because I knew my Dad wouldn't allow it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

Welcome! You remind me of my bicycle days-2-3 handguns under my shirt and a shotgun across the handlebars-5 miles to my place in the woods-that's now covered with old townhomes...as for time, I've found out the hard way--we have to steal it from our jobs-make the $$ in the shortest time possible so we can do the important things-THEY have it the other way around and try to use us up...is your Ruger blue or SS?
It's blued. It's catalog # NR-5. I'm in the process of making some silhouette's and spinners to shoot at. The place I work makes CNC steel cutting machines and most use plasma cutters. Just going to burn a couple shapes (woodchucks, circles, squares, etc..) and weld them to different setups. Should work out nice. I'll post some pictures of the finished products.....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Single-action-----sounds like, if you can get enough made-a good way to make some gun/ammo money-lots of folks need targets but have no access to welder/torch.......

·
Registered
146 Posts
Welcome to your new home. You'll love this place and the people here is great.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Welcome from beautiful, scenic Northeast Kansas! (OK, so I lied) Glad to have you with us. It sounds like you have your hands full!

·
Registered
63 Posts
welcome to the forum.
ahh rc car i have only two left sold most of mine kept a tamyia mountianer and domitnator can't remember who made it. got out of it because every time crash or someone run into me seemed like $20.00. since actually race in a league.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Welcome Singleaction1

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.