Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just stumbled onto your forum a couple days ago. I am fairly new to Ruger firearms having purchased my first .44 3 screw SBH about 3 years ago. The serial number puts it in the 1964 build range. When I bought it I never realized that Ruger had built a piece with a bright lustrous blue finish. I was positive when I saw it at the gun show that day that it was a reblue, so I went home and did my research and found that it was original. Needless to say I raced back to the show and made the buy. It is posted in the gallery. There's MPEG's of my son and I shooting it on www.myspace.com/trackerdan.

I had purchased a stainless .44 Redhawk back in the 80's and have been sorry I let that one go. It was probably the most comfortable double action .44 I ever fired.

Last night I took out my Wal Mart 10/22 in stainless with the laminated stock that my wife purchased for me back in the mid 90's, when Wal Mart was still selling guns in California. Also I have a standard model with a Butler Creek folding stock that was purchased a Wal Mart that is no longer allowed in California. I'll post the pic's

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
WELCOME from Louisiana. Love that wallyWorld 22, wanted one ever since they came out with them. The 44 Super is definately a keeper too. They are lots of fun to shoot and the high polish blue is a collectors piece now.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Greetings trackerdan,
Warmest of welcomes from Connecticut, hope you enjoy the fellowship and are active in the forums, great people and of course great guns, of which you have a few fine samples, nice pix,
again welcome,
peace

1 - 19 of 19 Posts