Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I purchased my first firearm almost 3 weeks ago...waiting for the call to come pick it up. A Ruger 10/22 Carbine. Really looking forward to having fun at the range!
I bought it at Bass Pro Shops here and waited 7.5 hours in line to get it...this was on a Thursday. So crazy in California to get ANY firearm! When I pick it up, I'm going to get a bunch rounds while I'm there.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,627 Posts
Greetings from Ohio and welcome to the forum. The wait on any firearm is painful. A Ruger 10/22 Carbine is just a fine place to start. Take some time, clean it up, read the manual and get some good ammo. Get to range and practice as much as possible before making any mods. Ask questions and get some instruction if you need it. There are sub forums here for rimfire and 10/22 rifles with some good information too.
Good luck and be safe!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I have been shooing before, but it was a Henry lever-action .22. So much fun to shoot. I contemplated one of those, but when I saw the 'aftermarket' support I got the Ruger. ('Aftermarket'...kind of reminded me of car modding! LOL)

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

Reactions: Bsslack

·
Exchequer
4,493 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Greetings from the Show Me State.

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
welcome to the forum from the Buckeye State ...

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,660 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you will be able to get the ammo you want. Maybe the non-lead California ammo is available in quantity, but will likely be expensive. Try to get a couple of additional 10 round magazines and a cleaning kit also. Have fun at the range!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Greetings from Maine and welcome aboard.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
13,950 Posts
Welcome from Illinois.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Another big welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania!!

·
Army CW3
1,078 Posts
Welcome to rugerforum.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest! HOOAAAHHHH!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm new here too just bought new PC carbine. when out yesterday put 50 rounds through it and I like it more quiet then my Glock 17 hope to go out and shoot some more soon

·
One Star
9,631 Posts
Howdy from Kentucky.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts