Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just another fellow from Missouri, decided to join the forum to be more informed / active with whats going on in the shooting world.
Started my ownership of a Ruger a few years ago with the LCR 38 special but sold it due to bruised hand (blood thinners and heavy recoil didn't agree). Ended up with a much softer shooter from Beretta that took good care of me.

However, as always in life, something was lacking, solved the problem in three stages:
1. Bought a supressor (Octane 9 HD) for my 9 mm activities
2. Bought aimpoint red dot scope that I really liked on my 270
3. Bought the mini-14 in 300 AAC
4. Combined the three items above for a cool combo.

Above thee items made my life quite a lot happier, especially after getting it sighted in. Even took it out last weekend during deer season opening (with 10 round magazine), walked around and scared up a few but all of them survived my encounters, basically since I did't aim at them. Nevertheless, with the sub sonic ammo and the suppressor, its a "package" with most of what you could want in life. Need to do some more practicing shooting it with different loads and read about deer hunting w/ 300 AAC.
I was most pleased just shooting out othe box with few glitches as you would expect and overall performance good for a $<1,000 tifle,

Abut me, been in the area of acoustics for about 15 years and it was time for me to slow down the degeneration of my hearing,hence the supressor. Typiccaly hut with a 243 or a 270 deoending which lot of the farm I get to hunt on. There is also a 300 wsm which kicked like a mule horse.
All other firearms range from 9 to 45 calibre but shooting the mini supressed was more than cool.
So, acoustucs engineer at a medium sized plant in Stlouis for 15 years, only started hunting the
last 4 years ans its fun. Happy married, 1 cat, big house, two carsin a meedium creepy neighborhoog. Anyway, thats me and will completely update when some things happen.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Welcome to the forum from upstate NY. Glad to have you with us.

·
Registered
17,166 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Welcome from Brooklyn, NY.

·
Premium Member
14,396 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and Hello from Illinois!!!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.