Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... it has happened again. The internet is a bad place. It costs me lots of money. Its simply too easy to sit in the comfort of your home, and decide that you just dont have all the pistols you need. You can reach out anonymously, and peak into others peoples lives, and hear them talk about how great this pistol is, or how cool that pistol looks. So, with that being said... this followed me home last night. Its a 6" Beretta Neos Inox. I already have a 4" stainless barrel ordered from MWG. I cant believe how smoothly the magazines work. My newest 22/45 magazines feel like they have sandpaper in them. Ruger needs to buy a few Beretta Neos magazines and run them up and down a few times. I will say that they work fine, but there sure is something to be said for a stainless magazine that is silky smooth. I haven't shot my Neos yet, but it sure is a neat looking, comfortable feeling pistol. I might get a chance to get to the range tomorrow, I will let everyone know what I think.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its typical Beretta... the fit, and finish is perfect. The barrel and slide have a nice matte finish, with no blotches or shiny spots, and the polymer frame has no flow, or swirl marks. This is an inexpensive gun also... $300 for stainless, $250 for blue. It certainly has a love it or hate it look. It points nicely, and balances well. I handled the 4" also and couldn't decide, so I bought the 6" because you pay more for the longer barrels from parts vendors, but the purchase of the gun is the same price, 4" vs 6". I purchased the 4" stainless barrel for $105 from MWG, so I can go back and forth, and also may send the 4" out to be threaded.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
get the rest of it
Yeah... thats one reason I considered the Neos. I like the idea of the carbine conversion, also the long barrel without the shoulder stock, ie Charger/Neos. I have read about blowback issues and eye protection with the carbine kit. Have you had any bits in your eyes when shooting the carbine? I wish the carbine kit was available in stainless. That would be great. Right now I can only find the Carbine Kit at Brownells, for $339. Ill wait for a lower price, most places show $249, but out of stock.

·
Registered
268 Posts
no blowback that I have noticed, but when i take to the range everybody wants to shoot it. very fun addition to a nice pistol

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Very nice. Congrats!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts