Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
i've heard the 9mm is a fun little gun, haven't heard too many complaints. I've thought about getting one a couple of times, i just couldn't get past how ugly they are. with their warranty if it breaks they fix it.

I've also heard they are comming out with a 45acp version this year.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A .45 acp would be nice. They have a .40 now. You can get extra 10 shot rounds too. Could be a good little SHTF type of gun. Light weight and fast reloads.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Not nice...just informed and candid...nice don't keep folks well armed...I hope all the BG have low-points like the ones I've dealt with...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You're worth the same quality weapon you'd give your son!!! In otherwords...nothing's too good to protect your life with....I'm DOGmatic about that!!!

·
Registered
842 Posts
I dunno, no experience personally, but the gun shop not too far from my neighborhood was selling the 9MMs like hotcakes a few years ago and most people seemed happy with them. Kinda rough but seem to work.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was just thinking it would be a neat little toy. I should probably save my money and get a .45 high cap semi auto. That'd be a neat little toy too. :D

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I fell in lust when I held the XD45....someday soon!!!!! Fits my hand very well...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Springfield Arms XD45----14-shot that fits my hand like a single-stack...

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
hi points are ugly as sin and bulky to my eye, but thats also what a lot of folks say about ruger p series.

Most folks that i know that have one are in 9mm and they actually brag a bit about liking the weapon. And carbine owners like them as well. They are marketed for folks who can't afford a more costly weapon and to that purpose, they were successful. Just don't expect ruger durability and craftsmanship.

I have heard that the pistol portion of hi-point was sold off so i don't know if the warranty is still valid or if the weapon is currently in production.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
ive had a 995 carbine for 4 yrs now and have shotthe bejesus out of it ,even used it in the carbine class of the action pistol compitions i shot in, the stock split on it back a year or so on it and one call to them and 3 days later i had a new stock, i knocked the front sight off once and they sent me a new one , now it sports a red dot sight and iam still shooting it , iwould imagine there has been over 5000 rounds of 9mm thru it , and it still works great, customer service is fantastic, yeah i know they have a bad name but ive owned two of their pistols , one 380 and a 9mm both shot fine , they arent a custom made pistol but they work , and the more you use them the better they work , they will tell you that if you call in to customer service, ATI also make a fun replacement stock for them it makes it look like a beretta storm ,
girls like them too

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
i have two of the sa xd45 one tactical and the new compact i really like both the compact fits the hand great and 10 rounds of 45acp is plenty for me , the tactical holds 13 +1 ive used it for idpa and action pistol alot, added a set of truglo fiber optics to the tac and a set of truglo tfo night sights on my compact for carry

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
If that's the loader that comes with it, I'd buy one, we'd sit around and load all day long...still wouldn't shoot one, though!!!!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts