Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about how a lot of the higher paying manufacturing jobs have gone overseas and more lower paying service jobs have become the norm. So to get our economy back on track I would like to see these two changes:

1. All service jobs like cashiers, maids, and janitors immediately go to a starting wage of $20 an hour with more experienced workers in these fields makeing up to $60 an hour.

2. All current high paying manufacturing jobs all go to minumum wage with little chance of advanment.

I believe these two simple changes are all our country needs.:)

Don't go minefield on the replies and any replies with a punchline gets extra points.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is all tongue in cheek.

If you have 100,000 jobs that pay $80,000 a year and 900,000 jobs that pays $15,000 a year that is a grand total of $22.5 billion. But if you have 100,000 jobs that pay $15,000 and 900,000 that pays $80,00 that's a grand total of $73.5 billion.

·
Registered
67 Posts
So if I have it correct you want me to either take a no skill required service job and make more money or continue using my skills to actually producing something at my factory job and adding economic value to my community and live in poverty. Because in your senario goods would become so prohibitivly expensive not even the top earners could afford them. Now may I inquire as to which university you graduated from for logic such as this can only come from one of our finest institutes of higher learning.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So if I have it correct you want me to either take a no skill required service job and make more money or continue using my skills to actually producing something at my factory job and adding economic value to my community and live in poverty. Because in your senario goods would become so prohibitivly expensive not even the top earners could afford them. Now may I inquire as to which university you graduated from for logic such as this can only come from one of our finest institutes of higher learning.
Manufactured goods would be cheap and we would be sending less money out of the country. But what I'm saying is so ridiculous that I can't believe anyone would take this serious.:)

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Do I need to put on my high-heeled waders for the Tavern? :D I put them away after the election, but I can pull them out really really fast...;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I do understand the "tongue in cheek" of it and how ridiculous the proposal sounds but in the current enviroment I am also feeling closer to Bastiat. How utterly ridiculous state funded welfare and a minimum wage sounded in 19th century France must have sounded.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I'm worth more than they pay me..... ;)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hmmm... Nothing like insulting those service workers by assuming it takes no skill to do their job!!! Always makes me chuckle when my auto worker union friends think that because they can put a bolt in a hole they have a skill and they themselves are producing something!! :rolleyes: Some of those service jobs have just as much skill as most of the factory jobs I've done and seen.

Imagine in the OP's senario a bread baker suddenly being able to afford a new car but an auto worker not being able to afford a loaf of bread!!! ;)

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hmmm... Nothing like insulting those service workers by assuming it takes no skill to do their job!!! Always makes me chuckle when my auto worker union friends think that because they can put a bolt in a hole they have a skill and they themselves are producing something!! :rolleyes: Some of those service jobs have just as much skill as most of the factory jobs I've done and seen.

Imagine in the OP's senario a bread baker suddenly being able to afford a new car but an auto worker not being able to afford a loaf of bread!!! ;)
Bingo, this was the type of responce I was looking for. I think people are over thinking this thread.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Strick9 I am not an auto or any other classic "assembly line" worker or union for that matter. I build high KVa electrical transformers, the coil assembly to be precise. When I am not winding those I am welding the tanks they go in for I am after all a certified welder. Eerlier in life I was a grocery store manager so I do know a little about the skill level of those in the retail service industry. And by the way bakers, mechanics, and most cnstruction jobs are called SKILLED jobs not to be confused with counter help or stock clerks in the retail world.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts