Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced their GP100's front sight with the HIVIZ sight? If so, do you like it? I think it would be much easier to acquire a sight picture with the HIVIZ. I'm using this gun mainly for matches.....

·
Banned
723 Posts
I had my 3" GP100 modified by placing a S&W Hi-Viz Front Sight on it. It was tailored to one specific load with help of my local 'smith.

I love it. It's fast to get a sight picture and that front sight is screaming to be seen. :)

Biker

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Biker, that's pretty much what I want to do....come up with one load that I will shoot games with, set my rear sights and leave it alone. I keep the GP in the nightstand, but I'm going to replace it for HD duty with a Sig P229, and set the GP aside for gaming only.

·
Registered
235 Posts
i have the hi viz on a smith and wesson 317 .22lr it is a really neat sight but this gun has a v notch rear blade instead of the standard square so that took some getting used to

·
Banned
723 Posts
Wizard,

We had to take the S&W sight out and my 'smith made up a Hi-Viz Front Sight specific to my gun and load. I took it to the Range today and it's "dead on" at 25 Yards, just like I like. :D

I sent you a PM about PICS, you can see the Front Sight in the PICS. It is a custom handmade one, since we couldn't get the Front Sight for the S&W to work.

Biker

1 - 5 of 5 Posts