Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have a Ruger LCP and a 556FB. The LCP is great for what it is, just wish the trigger was better. I keep it ready to go at all times. I'm impressed with how simple it is.

I've put maybe 200 rounds through the 556 and so far I love it (especially the piston design), but it does have some issues with tilt and accuracy. Cam pin wear seemed kind of heavy too. It was shipped from Ruger in Oct. 2009 and has the squared off BCG instead of the newer rounded shape. I was really irritated that they wouldn't just send me a new BCG and required that the factory do the work. What's that all about? Normal routine cleaning involves removing and replacing the BCG; I don't get why they won't let me put it in. After going back and forth with Ruger about the tilt and accuracy they emailed me an overnight shipping label so I could send it in to them. They also asked me to include all the magazines, which I found odd; anyone know what's up with this? I wish they'd just sell replacement parts for it online.

I'm going to ship it out tomorrow. I've heard nothing but good things about Ruger's CS so I'm optimistic. Hopefully they'll fix it up quick as I want to go do some hog hunting before I move to CO this spring.

Does anyone have more than 15k rounds through theirs yet? I'm wondering how the reliability and accuracy is long-term with it.

Anyway, this probably won't be my last Ruger. I'm really keen to get a 10-22 when funding allows. Maybe a mini-14 too - wish they offered it in 7.62x51.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Welcome from Texas!

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum from upstate NY.

·
Registered
285 Posts
welcome from Tampa, FL

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.

·
Super Moderator
16,265 Posts
SH ... Welcome from SW Ohio ... Glad to have you aboard!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Welcome from Maine.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...