Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Very interesting ! .......

Cases: MEN 16 7.62 resized in Redding 308 Comp die-set. (Match prepped)
Primers: Federal 210M LR.
Powder: Alliant AR-Comp 42.5 grains
Bullet: Sierra 30 Cal. 125 gr HP 30-30 (factory velocity range is 1900-2700fps)
**Seated to cannalure**

Velocity avg: 2650ish (10 shots)
SD of less than 20fps

Last three shots from very hot barrel after velocity test.

NOT BAD ! looks to be a great light deer round.

Target 50 yrds ran out of ammo for 100yd test.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle Accuracy

I have the Stainless Laminated version with the 18.7 inch barrel. I absolutely love this gun. It is accurate with a number of different bullet styles and weights. It absolutely loves 180 grain Hornady round nose bullets. I like these, too, but with the shorter barrel the velocity is not so great. It also shoots the 150 grain and 165 grain Barnes TTSX bullets equally as well as it does the 150 grain Hornady GMX. I am partial to the 150 grain GMX as I can get the combination of bullet weight and powder selection for maximum velocity without pressure signs or sacrificing accuracy. One thing I did find. I shot it without the flash hider and nothing shot well. It has to have the flash hider on the barrel.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I haven't reloaded much for my Scout Rifle 308, but this winter promises to be long and I think I will pick up some Hornady GMX 150s and see how they shoot.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
With that high of an SD your missing something with your case prep/charge/seating. It will come back to bite you as you increase your yardage.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OH brother one in every group.....

With that high of an SD your missing something with your case prep/charge/seating. It will come back to bite you as you increase your yardage.
Really? , Looks like your full of sh*&.... Here's 5 at 100. More than enough accuracy for Arkansas woods hunting. Commenting before you have all the facts again young-in. You look stupid.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Really? , Looks like your full of sh*&.... Here's 5 at 100. More than enough accuracy for Arkansas woods hunting. Commenting before you have all the facts again young-in. You look stupid.
Why the personal attack my friend? I’m sorry if it hurt your feelings but it was meant to be constructive criticism. Run those loads with that SD out to 3 and 400yds and your groups will blow up like a ballon. That I guarantee.

Thank you Sir for informing me I’m full of sh*& and that I look stupid. Your comments say a lot about your character.

P.S. I wish I was as young as you thought I was.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Why the personal attack my friend? I’m sorry if it hurt your feelings but it was meant to be constructive criticism. Run those loads with that SD out to 3 and 400yds and your groups will blow up like a ballon. That I guarantee.

Thank you Sir for informing me I’m full of sh*& and that I look stupid. Your comments say a lot about your character.

P.S. I wish I was as young as you thought I was.
Horsesh* you get off being a forum know it all. Perusing just a small sampling of your responses to people on the forum; it's clear you can't keep from making some sort of "Veiled" response with the following formula. X= my experience, you should Y= I'm right... horsedookie. You do it A LOT to others. Well your not right. You can no more predict what's right for my firearms and prognosticated result voodoo BS than Joe other guy. You are certainly NOT a Vetted expert. You have ZERO credibility. Let me ask you this. ARE YOU an APPOINTED / Tenure Academic with any Institution in the Cont. US ? ARE YOU a COURT Recognized AUTHORITY on ballistics / Firearms ? When did you graduate training course from the USAMU or Marine Corp sniper school Quantico. When was the last time you shot Camp Perry X-course and Won? How much International 10m Air Rifle or pistol have you complete at registered matches in the US ? Let me see your IHMSA or NRA score cards from State / Regional / National - Internationals you've completed. See I know where the REAL shooters come from. What it take to get those credentials. Not some new age reloading verbose hog wash. You are full of it you want others to just accept your BS, NOT ME. ***** addendum, If you re-read the original post it mentions "Light deer round" where do you get long range from that. You inferred that this loads was going to be less than productive at longer ranges. NO Body said IT would be used in such fashion.

·
Registered
744 Posts
This thread has gotten a little out of hand. This is generally a friendly forum.

Looks like you have a nice load worked up there OP thank you for sharing.

The difficult thing about communicating online is the poster’s tone and intent are often interpreted and inflected by the reader. Let’s give one another the benefit of the doubt.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree,...

This thread has gotten a little out of hand. This is generally a friendly forum.

Looks like you have a nice load worked up there OP thank you for sharing.

The difficult thing about communicating online is the poster’s tone and intent are often interpreted and inflected by the reader. Let’s give one another the benefit of the doubt.
He made several assumptions without asking clarifying ?. Been at this reloading and shooting game a very long time.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,154 Posts
Majorlk, Close … 41MagnumPassion gets a month in the brig to think about how he treated other members. If that doesn't work, a dishonorable discharge will.

·
Registered
802 Posts
It is easy to see how the poster was banned. He sounds nuts.

Horsesh* you get off being a forum know it all. Perusing just a small sampling of your responses to people on the forum; it's clear you can't keep from making some sort of "Veiled" response with the following formula. X= my experience, you should Y= I'm right... horsedookie. You do it A LOT to others. Well your not right. You can no more predict what's right for my firearms and prognosticated result voodoo BS than Joe other guy. You are certainly NOT a Vetted expert. You have ZERO credibility. Let me ask you this. ARE YOU an APPOINTED / Tenure Academic with any Institution in the Cont. US ? ARE YOU a COURT Recognized AUTHORITY on ballistics / Firearms ?
That is vitriolic.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Anyone know why?
3 possibilities I think:
1) Muzzle isn't crowned exactly right, having the flash hider on masks that.
2) Barrel harmonics: that little bit of weight hanging on the end makes a difference. Like the weight that was on the Mini-14 target or the Browning BOSS.
3) Torquing the flash hider on slightly compresses the barrel between it and the action, possibly stiffening it.

Just an engineer's thoughts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts