Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tell me, what do you guys do for hobbies aside from shooting and reloading? My self a tonn of things, I am a coach for my sons hockey team and play several sports. I have a 2006 KLX250 dualsport that I love to ride. But most of all I love to tinker, my son and I are into Nitro Powered RC Vehicles, here is a pic of what we play with lol

AND here is our boat that we tow down to the beach with the truck lol!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Hey Aszor1 That is some cool machines you got there. Bet you and the boy have a lot of fun with them.
Outside reloading,and shooting I like Sprint Car and Midget racing. There's not that much of it in Florida but from where I was raised in southwestern Ohio,it's all over. I watch a little NASCAR,but it don't pump me up like real race cars. Good Luck Racing.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Since I'm retired, I guess these are my hobbies. Operate a Bookkeeping and Tax Business, and Ranch. President of Panama Senior Citizens. Do things with my 2 Grandsons. Reload.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well, aside from shooting, reloading and Rugers... photography.

I don't mean digital. But manual focus 35 mm cameras. My favorite being a Minolta XE-7.

And, during the fall... FOOTBALL! Boomer Sooner! Also, I love the Green Bay Packers! That is another little extra I allow myself, I splurge and subcribe to NFL Sunday Ticket just so I can always catch the Packers. :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Aside from shooting, hunting, and reloading I'm with RugerPacker GO SOONERS! I try to get to one game in Norman each year. In the NFL I like the Dallas Cowboys. I also like drag racing.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I really like to work in a wet dark room Ruger Packer but good slow film and chemicals are getting hard to come by. I'm starting a digital course at the local college later this month. Cameras- 2 auto minoltas, 1 pentax k-1000, hasselblad 503.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
My hobbies include, but are not limited to, still and video photography, guitars and computers... and this forum!

As a sidenote: I still have my 35mm Yashica fully manual, but I like my digitals because of the low cost of digital "film"...:D

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I race NASCAR slot car's up in Wichita in the winter month's. I bass fish from early spring till late fall. I just started re-loading again & am having a good time doing that. The GF & I like to shoot clay's a lot, too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Seems like the older I get, the more hobbies I get.

Aside from shooting, sailing, canoeing, fishing, road biking, acryllic painting, ham radio, hiking, camping, web site design, and market development consulting, I don't have anything to do...

·
Registered
216 Posts
quote:Originally posted by white dog

I really like to work in a wet dark room Ruger Packer but good slow film and chemicals are getting hard to come by. I'm starting a digital course at the local college later this month. Cameras- 2 auto minoltas, 1 pentax k-1000, hasselblad 503.
I really miss Kodachrome 25 and 64! Those were really good films.

I recently bought a new digital to replace a HP that I didn't really like. The new one is a Pentax Optio E10.

If my understanding of the rumor is correct... Minolta is out of the camera business now. Too bad, they're lenses were the BEST!

·
Registered
557 Posts
My wife and I do a lot of reloading, camping, hunting. fishing, shooting, photography and 4 wheeling in our Jeep.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Trail Ride on my Dirt Bike! But tend to keep it a fall-winter-spring hobby for me and a buddy.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I do a little coin collecting but one of my favorite things to do is going to Vegas. I go several times a year when possible and drive to all the scenic places. I also do a bit of shooting out there. I drive into the desert and plink.

·
Registered
677 Posts
MY "hobbies" are the dogs, Max,Sammy and Tinker, then the "yard" , and then the gun shows. I have NO clue "how" I had the time to this when I was "working" for a living.....................

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Ruger Packer, don't know about about minolta quitting the cameras, I haven't heard. I would think they'ed stay in the digital business. You are right about the 25 speed. I really miss it in both the slide and negative, made such sharp pictures [use a tripod]. I don' think the film situation is going to get any better, probably faze out soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts