Ruger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many hockey fans do we have around here? Who's your team? Favorite rivalry? Are you as bummed out as I am about the current lockout?

I've been a die-hard Red Wings fan since I was about 10 years old. Living in Colorado, this has on occasion been hazardous to my health. haha... Personally I think that Wings vs. Avs is the best rivalry in the league.

I'm really missing the NHL right now, but thankfully I can still get my fix from our local minor league team, go Eagles! And to a lesser degree the NCAA - thank goodness for streaming internet radio. Go Gophers! :D

· Registered
168 Posts
This is a bunch of BS. Yes, it's a business but this is a damn game and they need to get back on the ice. The "State of Hockey" needs the game back, im going crazy. We just sign Parise and Suter and I can't even see them!! Sorry JP, I cannot stand your Red Wing squad but have devoted all my time to Gopher hockey like you as well.

This does not help out the NHL fan base at all when it was so small in the first place. I hope many come back but how many times will this happen???? Gotta be the end.

· Double P90 Shooter
19,858 Posts
I concour on the whole lockout thing,I wish they would just get back to playing.I got a sports package on U-verse so I could watch some hockey...My team is the Buffalo Sabres...

· Registered
6 Posts
Born, raised and will probably die a Blackhawks fan (jp303 - I now hate you). Hockey fans are notoriously loyal so I'm sure in a few years no die hard will care about the lockout. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for the casual fan. They'll never be back.

As a side note, I had my tickets to four games this year refunded and was able to use the freed up funds to buy AHL tickets for both Rockford Ice Hogs (Blackhawks) and Chicago Wolves (Canucks) for six games, one of which is against the Grand Rapids Griffins (Red Wings).

At least I'll get to see some hockey...

· Registered
350 Posts
Flyers fan, lamenting even more now the Phantoms' move out of town, & keeping in touch w/ the sport through the ascendance of the Penn State's Men's Hockey program to Div. I status.

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
This does not help out the NHL fan base at all when it was so small in the first place.
I couldn't agree more Lewi. The current situation is just killing the league and driving away (casual) fans. If they don't knock it off soon I'm afraid the NHL will never recover, the last one in '04-'05 did some serious damage.

I think it's pretty ridiculous that a person has gotta pay for premium channels to see anything other than the local team, if that. I sure do miss the days when you could catch at least half a dozen games a week just on the broadcast networks.

No worries brother, I'm used to taking a lot of flack for being a Wings fan, kinda comes with the territory. Frankly, I'm still a little peeved at them myself for signing Bertuzzi - sure, he's a pretty good forward, but I still think he should've been banned for life for that cheap shot on Steve Moore. :mad:

· Registered
168 Posts
I think it's pretty ridiculous that a person has gotta pay for premium channels to see anything other than the local team, if that. I sure do miss the days when you could catch at least half a dozen games a week just on the broadcast networks.
I have to have cable (Fox Sports) to watch most of the games. There are a handful that are local but not enough. Heck, its that way for me with baseball too!

Frankly, I'm still a little peeved at them myself for signing Bertuzzi - sure, he's a pretty good forward, but I still think he should've been banned for life for that cheap shot on Steve Moore. :mad:
I would too have a hard time with Bertuzzi on my team. I don't for one second think there is ANY reason for him to still be in the league for that crap. Biggest reason other then it only being completely out of line, if someone you "intentionally" injure cannot come back and play you can't either....:mad:

-Lewi

· Registered
168 Posts

I have been going to Kings games since the early 70's when I was a kid.

Sad...
I congratulate you on your win. That was well fought out and one exciting series from a team that hasn't had it before.
Note: I was not pulling for your team though.....don't much like anything L.A.

-Lewi

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't for one second think there is ANY reason for him to still be in the league for that crap. Biggest reason other then it only being completely out of line, if someone you "intentionally" injure cannot come back and play you can't either....:mad:
Amen! You hit the nail right on the head there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.