Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Those look nice. I take it they don't stick to clothing like the rubber ones do?

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Very nice. Been thinking about a set of those for my LCR.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Definitely like the looks but don't like the reports of "not as comfortable to shoot as the stock Hogue". I recently put on a Pachmayr Diamond Pro which *is* more comfortable to shoot than the stockers. But it is rubber so OP probably wouldn't like it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely like the looks but don't like the reports of "not as comfortable to shoot as the stock Hogue". I recently put on a Pachmayr Diamond Pro which *is* more comfortable to shoot than the stockers. But it is rubber so OP probably wouldn't like it.

Are the Pachmayrs tacky and do they stick to your clothes?
The hogue is on my lcr22, so no worries about comfort there. not sure how'd they'd be on the 38 or 357 though.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I wouldn't call them tacky. I pocket carry and the gun *is* a little harder to get out of jeans than the Hogue but part of that is the extra "girth" - a little harder to get my hand in the pocket with the gun. It still conceals fine with an untucked polo or t-shirt though so I'm sticking with it for now at least.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
One of the reasons I sold my LCR in .38+P was because of the stupid rubber grip! Now that that's available...it may make me re-think having one...they are a cool concept!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very nice, although I bet they don't make you much smarter. I recently changed the grips on my Ruger LCR 9mm as well, but I settled for the Diamond Pro. The extra length makes it much easier to shoot. Here some photos for comparison.

STB

Attachments

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
The Hogue grips and a night in a Holiday Inn will make you smarter.
It has to be a Holiday Inn Express...the regular Holiday Inn doesn't cut it...I've tried! :D

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Very nice, although I bet they don't make you much smarter. I recently changed the grips on my Ruger LCR 9mm as well, but I settled for the Diamond Pro. The extra length makes it much easier to shoot. Here some photos for comparison. STB
SHOOTTHEBREEZE...welcome aboard sir! And nice-looking grips on that LCR of yours...I've never seen the Diamond Pro...they look like they fill one's grip nicely!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I find the standard LCR just right in a pocket holster. Wouldn't the longer grips defeat the purpose?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I love and hate the stock grips on both of my LCR .38's. I shoot them very well, but getting them out of my pocket is impossible. I just carry IWB now. I bought an appendix carry holster but that doesn't work either.

I would like to try these grips but not for that price new. I will keep an eye out for used ones

·
Registered
65 Posts
I find the boot grips fit in my jeans pocket, but They are too small and make shooting suffer. The standard grips let me shoot well, but then the grip pokes up just a hair too much from a jeans pocket. In Post 4, it looks like the G10 is about the same length. Do they let you pocket the gun in a front pocket, and how well are they fitted to the frame?
Also, I am trying to decide whether I would want the smooth grip or the stippled one, if I decide to go this route.
I like the standard grip at the range, but the extension at the bottom adds just a shade too much length. I wouldn't want to go longer, and the G10 grip looks like it is about the same size. Is this correct?
Does the G10 grip increase the length of the distance to the trigger (a good thing on a small piece)?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I find the boot grips fit in my jeans pocket, but They are too small and make shooting suffer. The standard grips let me shoot well, but then the grip pokes up just a hair too much from a jeans pocket. In Post 4, it looks like the G10 is about the same length. Do they let you pocket the gun in a front pocket, and how well are they fitted to the frame?
Also, I am trying to decide whether I would want the smooth grip or the stippled one, if I decide to go this route.
I like the standard grip at the range, but the extension at the bottom adds just a shade too much length. I wouldn't want to go longer, and the G10 grip looks like it is about the same size. Is this correct?
Does the G10 grip increase the length of the distance to the trigger (a good thing on a small piece)?
In my Kirkland (Costco) jeans the gun completely conceals. I would say length of pull is the same as stock but I haven't measured it. I have the smooth G10 and had some concern over the grip being slick but it isn't. My ONLY complaint with the G10 is that it does not tame recoil as well as the "Tamer" but then I expected that. The fit and finish is excellent. I use a Mika pocket holster.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts