Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for some synthetic boot grips for the SP101 for a while -- ideally with at least a little space for my pinky (yeah, I know..). A little while ago I stumbled across Hogue's new G10 grips for the LCR. These are basically exactly what I've had in mind.

So I shot Hogue an email, asking if they would consider making those G10 grips for the SP101. Here's their reply:

Thank you for contacting Hogue. We are currently taking request for new products, and will definitely write this down. I do however recommend you checking on the website for any updated products and new releases that we may have at Hogue handgun pistol 1911 grips tactical AR Accessories Knives Holsters | Hogue Inc.
If there is anything else that we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to let us know.
I'm pretty happy to hear that -- I'd be thrilled with an SP101 G10 grip. (Also nice to feel like a company listens to their customers.)

...Anything else we might request while they are taking ideas?

·
Banned
650 Posts
Check eBay! eBay has a lot of custom made grip panels for the SP101 made from exotic wood, antlers and synthetic materials. The grips panels are priced to sell. Make sure to check the sellers rating. eBay is great at mediating when deals go awry both buyers and sellers should have over a 99% rating. Be cautious of people who have a new account and a zillion items to sell. Unless they have a brick and mortar business most people ease into eBay.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not really looking for new grip panels for the factory grips (which sounds like what you're talking about), but rather a full boot grip, made of synthetic material.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I recently changed over to Pachmayr compact rubber grips on mine and I like them but...there should be something better.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Someone made me aware of these new Pachmayr Diamond Pro grips for the SP101, which I just ordered (from their website, since they don't seem to be on Amazon yet). We will see how they turn out -- I'll post pics when I get them!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts