Ruger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My recent purchase of a Ruger GP-100 included two grips, the Hogue rubber grip used by Ruger, and also a Hogue finger groove wood grip. The wood grip required some refinishing, as that was the grip used for everyday carry by the seller. Some cleaning, light sanding, and 6 coats of Minwax high gloss, and this gun is ready for some open carry...;)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Nice weapon, and good job restoring the grips.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like high gloss on handgun grips, but rifle stocks should be satin in my universe...just personal preferences...:cool:

·
Registered
333 Posts
I hope you like them more than I liked mine. They're beautiful, that's for sure, but hurt my hand at the range with .357s. I went back to the Letts original ones.
Hopefully they won't bother you.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I have the Hogue Pau Ferro grips on one of my 6" GP's, I only shoot .38's through this gun so the grips work perfectly. I had them on a 4" .357 before and the middle finger groove would beat my finger up with hot .357's. I think if I tried hogue woods again I would go with the non-fg style.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They're beautiful, that's for sure, but hurt my hand at the range with .357 rounds
I agree. They are great for show, but not practical for the range. Open carry is still pretty common here in AZ, so I'll use these for dates with my wife, and stick with the rubber grips for the range...

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Great handgun, good job on the restoration.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts