Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen lots of really stupid gun related things portrayed at the movies or on TV. Some that come to mind is the finger placed at the end of the slide and pulling it back just enough to see if a round is chambered, or shooting the semi-auto sideways and seeing the gun flip up on recoil. huh?
What are some others you can recall?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Mythical never-existing guns, bogus armaments and soldier uniforms, improper commands and operations, and so on. You name it. :)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Racking a pump shotgun 2 or more times to intimidate somebody, and flicking the cylinder closed on a revolver sets my teeth on edge. !911 type autos will not shoot 10 or 12 times without reloading. In the westerns, everyone has to work the lever on a rifle 2 or 3 time before the action and even John Wayne brings that sixgun down like he's throwing a ball and the only time I remember him reloading I think was in the Shootist while practicing with the kid. And although it's probably my favorite western, Josie Wales wielding those two big Colts was far out. To be honest though, if I'm enjoying the movie, I may notice things but don't let it get me too upset since I know movies aint real life!![8D]
Baker

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I don't remeber her name but the lady that starred in the alien seria of movies. Shooting the place up killing all the aliens and so forth. Turns out she is a big time anti-gunner. Gives big time money to the control idoits.
Glad I never paid for the cd's, have watched them all paid to get in on the first movie. Then a friend loaned me the rest of the set of cd's. Then I find out she is anti-gun. My blood boiled.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I don't know if it was John Wayne or whoever, but picking up a .50 cal. machine gun on a tri-pod and running up a hill with it. When I was in the Army in Ft. Hood, TX, one guy carried the barrel, another the receiver, and a third the tri-pod. I guess we must have left the ammo behind! I suppose Arnold Schwartzenegger (spelling) could probably pick up the 50 and run up a hill with it. We couldn't.

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
RoboCop has a full automatic pistol based on the Taurus 92. While normal 92s only have 15 rounds, this full automatic pistol shoots hundreds of rounds without reloading!

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
Another complaint...
If you watch movies like Rambo and Commando, there is clips that show the main guy running and bullets are hitting right behind their feet. If you were actually trying to hit someone running (or standing still for that matter) your rounds would impact somewhere in the background, not at their feet (unless you are aiming for their feet?).

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Seems to be very little/no muzzle flash on alot of them hollywood guns.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

My favorite was always the silencer on the revolver!!!
Good one sheepdog, hadn't thought about that in awhile.
Also the racking the slide to check if it's loaded and never seeing a cartridge eject.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Snuffy
Yer right about that ---Sigourney Weaver---I used to enjoy her movies till I found out she
was a big anti-gun advocate. I get really angry when an actor goes out and makes the big
bucks in gun and violence movies, and behind the scenes is sucking up to the anti-gun movement.

·
Count Ursunk
3,363 Posts
THEM GHOST BULLETS GOTUM EVERY TIME!!!! i like the ones when the bad guy is knelt down on the rooftop,gets shot,stands up with arms in the air and dives on the padding below.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I agree completely Jaredshs, that gets my dander up too. The recent film, 'The Brave One' is a good example of that, with Jodie Foster seemingly pro-gun in the film [from an account of it] while bashing gun owners in an interview. If they have such strong convictions about firearms, I'd think they'd choose not to make a film where they play a key part.

Also film posters where stars have their fingers on the triggers of their weapons when they don't intend to use them. Bad Arnie, bad Arnie! :D

·
Banned
298 Posts
I will pass on delivering the diatribe about Dale Dye for now, but....

Whatever the hell 9mm makes a 250 pound man fly up four feet and back 12, if I could find some, might convince me to ditch the .45 as a defensive round. Anything involving Hollywood and ballistics data.

Cops that rack the slide on their way to the shootout

I won't point out the stuff in Wayne movies, or most of Clint's work, because I am sure they knew better but just didn't care that much. But nowadays, when Hollywood is full of anti-gun hippie douchebags, I cannot stand inaccuracies about weapons and the references to the evil nature of gun owners.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Taurus, that upper poster from RedHeat shows another one - Arnie is wearing completely bogus "soviet" militia uniform and decoration. :)

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
One that kills me is the movie Tombstone. Val Kilmer (Doc Holiday) gets 3 shots out of a double barrel shotgun at the beginning of the shoot out. I gotta have me one of those.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts