Ruger Forum banner

Hollywood Gunfighter Types

392 views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  ChrisLCR 
#1 · (Edited)
Those of us common people often try to emulate our heroes in the movies and on TV, but no matter how hard we try, we just don't seem to have their special abilities.

This thread will examine some of the various Hollywood gunfighter types and their miraculous powers:

1. The Tri-Barreled Shotgunner: This power enables anyone using what appears to be a standard double barreled shotgun to have the ability to fire a mysterious third shot, thus effectively ending the fight.

2. The Dueling .45ACP Acrobat: This power enables the hero to always be able to shoot right on target even while twisting, contorting, and flying through the air while wielding a pair of 1911's or other large semi-auto types. It seems the act of using the two pistols in this manner somehow doubles their normal ammo capacity.

3. The Habitual Slide Racker: In order for their powers to be activated, the users must ALWAYS brandish their weapons in full view and rack the slides right before shooting someone or going into a gunfight, even though to us mere mortals it would seem to make much more sense to have the weapons ready to fire beforehand. Sometimes they will even rack them again before firing in the next scene without losing the unspent round in the chamber from the previous racking.

4. Super Human Hearing: This power enables anyone possessing it to shoot numerous rounds inside vehicles, or other small enclosed areas without ever suffering the slightest bit of hearing damage.

5. The Universal Sound Suppressor: The possessor of this unique item has the ability to silence any type of firearm, including revolvers.

See less See more
#3 ·
4. Super Human Hearing: This power enables anyone possessing it to shoot numerous rounds inside vehicles, or other small enclosed areas without ever suffering the slightest bit of hearing damage.
That one always cracks me up. The scene in Pulp Fiction where John Travolta shoots the guy in the back seat of the Nova is a classic movie mistake.

#5 ·
What is cover and concealment? Just stand out in the open and fire two handguns held sideways at numerous people with semi and full auto rifles and knock them back 10 feet while instantly killing them and not be touched by a round yourself.

#9 ·
I especially liked the scene towards the end in Sudden Impact where Dirty Harry stands right in the well lit open alley way against three armed and concealed bad guys before slowly walking straight ahead and taking them out one at a time.

The helpless, quivering bad guys can only stand in sheer awe and amazement at big bad Harry Callahan and his .44 Auto Mag.

#7 ·
I've been watching some Rockford Files on TV, and it seems he or Dennis (his police buddy) routinely make good 50 yard shots with their snub revolvers, even through car windshields. The bad guys can't hit a barn from the inside.

#8 ·
Lets not forget the us cavalry troopers using winchester 1892s in 1880. Or in the movie the Seminoles rock Hudson kissing a woman and looking like he enjoyed it but that is a different issue. In this movie set 1830 or so the soldiers were using colt percussion revolvers. I could not see whether 1851 navy or 1860 army as no closeups on teh guns.

#13 · (Edited)
And let's not forget folks using guns in a movie that is supposed to be in the year 1870 that didn't appear for at least another twenty or thirty years. And what about seeing two circles when Hollywood is trying to portray someone looking through binoculars? Too funny. Come to think of it, how about our hero carrying the latest in high tech guns and gear and carrying a binocular that hangs on a peg at Wally World for $30? Hollywood just cracks me up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.