Ruger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought Holosun 507K-X2 red dot for SR9.
The 507K apparently is a new model from Holosun (507C previous model) with new features such as: a smaller profile, shake awake, etc. but the "K" model has a smaller footprint and the site mount adapter plate is either not available or difficult to find.
Local gun shop told me to buy a different gun. Yeah, I'd like to avoid that.
I love the SR9 and the red dot site would add to the enjoyment ... if the adapter (or modification) is available.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Geo001, Thank you for your quick reply and information.
I visited the lakeline site, did a quick search but came up empty.
I'll try to contact them and post here what I find.
Thanks again

·
Registered
Mk II, Wrangler, LCPII .22 LR, EC9S, Security 9, P-85, RAR .17 HMR + .22 LR, + 10/22 Sporter
1,966 Posts
Geo001, Thank you for your quick reply and information.
I visited the lakeline site, did a quick search but came up empty.
I'll try to contact them and post here what I find.
Thanks again
Sooooo, did you try one of these + how'd it work out? Anyone else here got a red dot on their Sec 9?

·
Registered
Mk II, Wrangler, LCPII .22 LR, EC9S, Security 9, P-85, RAR .17 HMR + .22 LR, + 10/22 Sporter
1,966 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Nobody with a red dot on their Sec 9? Oh well, looks like it's my turn again.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Good Lord I can't believe the number of footprints avail for pistol red dots. And, the only adapter plate I can find for the Sec 9 is the Galloway Precision one + NONE of the red dots it's compatible with have motion activation ability. For me, that's a deal breaker! :(

·
Banned
1,716 Posts
In this situation I would make some calls to find out whether they would work or not. Iam familiar with S9 but Holosun wiuld be the only ones I would recommend as they are top notch sights and take abuse.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
In this situation I would make some calls to find out whether they would work or not. Iam familiar with S9 but Holosun wiuld be the only ones I would recommend as they are top notch sights and take abuse.
They're my first choice, but here's Galloway's response:

11:10 AM (44 minutes ago)
to me

No it will not support the wide pattern optics like the rmr or the 507c. The narrow 507k will fit the rear set of holes but does not use the studs.
---
Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

This is what I used to mount the Holosun HS407K-X2 on my full size Security 9. The description says it will mount the 507k too.
Perfect, just ordered it, not sure how I missed this above. I been fixated on that Galloway plate + it doesn't accept any of the red dots I'd buy. Goin to Midway now for the red dot. Thanx MUCH!

PS - 407K on the way from Midway, can't wait to try it out. The wife gave me the Sec 9 for my birthday last year. I saw her face droop when the Sig shot circles around it. With this Holoson mounted on the Sec 9, I'll be rootin for the Ruger for her sake.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Perfect, just ordered it, not sure how I missed this above. I been fixated on that Galloway plate + it doesn't accept any of the red dots I'd buy. Goin to Midway now for the red dot. Thanx MUCH!

PS - 407K on the way from Midway, can't wait to try it out. The wife gave me the Sec 9 for my birthday last year. I saw her face droop when the Sig shot circles around it. With this Holoson mounted on the Sec 9, I'll be rootin for the Ruger for her sake.
Man that Midway is crazy fast, just ordered this, UPS just dropped it off. Holoson looks GREAT + packaging is top notch. Waitin on the mt plate now from Lakeline.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Well, I'd like to say it outshot the Sig, but it didn't. Might have been me, might have been the different ammo. It did impress me though + hung in there enough for me to do an even side by side comparison here soon. Took me about 25 rds to get it zeroed in at 25yds. Shootin left outta the box, then right a few rds later. I like the 6 MOA dot on the Holoson, but for target work, the 3 MOA on the Sig probably better. Without a doubt, improved my pistol shooting IMMENSELY!

BTW, gotta love my dremel too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts