Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for something to carry my Ruger Security Six 2 3/4" in. Something outside the pants that won't break the bank. To be used for CCW. Anyone have any experiences with a good holster for this gun? Don't want a real cheapy though from Uncle Mikes.

Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but I'm a righty, not a wrongy.:D

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
i just got my six and am contemplating as well. I'm looking at the don hume 721 OT and the boston leather pancake.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quote:Originally posted by deputy125

i just got my six and am contemplating as well. I'm looking at the don hume 721 OT and the boston leather pancake.
I've looked online and I like the Don Hume 721 OT myself. Looks like it rides pretty high which I want. I saw a Bianchi molded at the store, but I thought it was cheap.

Does anyone know if the Security Six shares holsters with the GP100 or SP101?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The Security Six and S&W K (M 15, 19,64,65,66 are about the same...the GP100 is more the L Frame---bigger...I think they class the SP101 with the Js...though it is bigger...may fit the Ks...call Don Hume Leathergoods in Miami, Ok, and they'll cheerfully tell you for sure...those folks are great at customer service...used their stuff since the early 70s, mostly because of their attitude....

·
Registered
174 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Ship Ahoy

quote:Originally posted by deputy125

I've looked online and I like the Don Hume 721 OT myself. Looks like it rides pretty high which I want. I saw a Bianchi molded at the store, but I thought it was cheap.

Does anyone know if the Security Six shares holsters with the GP100 or SP101?
I have Don Hume's 721 O.T.s for several of my firearms, including my Speed-Six...they all fit like a glove...he offers a quality product at what I think is a reasonable price...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quote:Originally posted by Baldy

I took Sheepdogs advise and called Don Hume and here's what mine looks like.
Ruger Speed-Six ss 23/4" barrel.
Thanks I'm going to call them this week and even email that pic. I want the same holster but in black.

I also ordered a couple speed loaders. How do you carry your speed loaders?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Great looking pictures, Baldy...

I like the T-T grips...do they improve grip significantly?

As alluded to in a previous post, I think Hume's products are hard to beat for the money...I've been really satisfied with their product, as well as their friendly customer service...

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Ruger_n_NC

Great looking pictures, Baldy...

I like the T-T grips...do they improve grip significantly?

As alluded to in a previous post, I think Hume's products are hard to beat for the money...I've been really satisfied with their product, as well as their friendly customer service...
Yes Mr Ruger_n_NC the Tyler-T's help me out with control of .357mag loads. They fill the hand a little better. Their not pretty but they do their job.

Mr Ship I use speed strips when I go out. Most of the time I just carry two extra in my pants pocket. I think you will be well please with a Don Hume holster I sure am.

Best,Baldy

·
Registered
335 Posts
I like the L00K of the Whole Deal You Got Going On There...<:))

·
Registered
404 Posts
Rather a shame to have to conceal such a fine looking rig.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts