Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a New Bearcat and need to find a leather holster. I know about the Ruger holster made by Triple K. What other holsters are out there? I have a Bianchi 1L for my Super Single Six but don't see a small one for the Bearcat. Looking for something like the Bianchi. Thanks.

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
I have the Ruger/Triple K one. Also:

Hunter's 1100-46 leather Snap-Off belt holster, the classic Hunter design with an over the trigger guard strap. They also make Frontier and Double-Loop western styles for it, which I don't have.

Holsters & Accessories by Hunter Company

The following two nylon holsters swallow a Bearcat, up to the end of the hammer spur and the back of the trigger guard, but they are a good fit otherwise. Good for range use or wet weather:

Blackhawk has a nylon hip holster with an over the hammer strap, Size 12:

BLACKHAWK! Hip Holster - BLACKHAWK!

Uncle Mike's has a nearly identical nylon holster, but I like the Blackhawk belt loop better. Their size number is 7.

Uncle Mike's - The Leader in Shooting Accessories

I also have a nice handmade flap holster from fleabay:

Bearcat flap holster - Ruger Forum

The auction sites are good for off-brand or no-longer-made holsters. You have to be careful to not get stuck with one that does not fit.

This company offers a number of Bearcat holsters, and full rigs. I know no more about them than just reading the site:

http://www.timelyaccessories.com/holsters.html

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bearcatter and Cuyler for the help. I definately want leather and not nylon. Not really sure I like the western style holsters though. The primary use for my Bearcat will be plinking and a trapping gun; they seem to be really neat little guns. I am looking for a leather holster like the Bianchi's, but I have not ruled out the Triple K especially given the fairly decent price.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I sympathize - and if you are a lefty like me, I doubly sympathize. I found mine in a 'used' box at a show, but not til I had bought a couple that didn't quite fit.

As has been noted, a custom holster is handsome and gives great pride of ownership. Have heard good about, but have no personal involvement in:
Lobo Gun Leather - Home

Best of luck,

Dyson

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dyson-Fortunately I am not a lefty...I sympathize! I have been looking all weekend. I need a nice leather (really dislike nylon and plastic) holster to carry around my soon-to-be new prized possession. I am leaning toward the Triple K. Seems like a nice holster at a price that won't break the bank; already did that buying the Bearcat!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts