Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to purchase a holster for my GP100. This holster will be for carrying the weapon at the range. I've narrowed my choices down to the Galco Silhouette, the Bianchi 7 Shadow II, or the Bianchi Black Widow. I also looked at the Don Hume H721, and like it.

Any and all opinions/experiences are appreciated.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I like the Hume 721.

Never cared for holsters that let part of the barrel be unprotected sticking out the bottom of a holster. I like to keep the muzzle and sight protected.

Have used Don Hume leather quite a bit and no complainants.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Deputy, is the 721 lined? Also, I notice they offer the 721 boned. What is your opinion on a boned holster.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
the 721 is not lined, matter of fact, have not seen a lined holster from Hume so i don't know if they offer lineing.

I think boned looks good and has an advantage in friction fit--especially for holsters that are open-top and offer no thumb snap. The downside---you are becomming gun specific with boned. For example, if you have a 4" gp100 std holster, you probably could also use it with a s&w 686. If the holster is boned---probably not.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I'm pretty sure the Hume 721 Boned is what I'm going to order. I've looks at a lot of holsters over the last couple of weeks, and I keep comparing others to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts