·
Registered
431 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

Top: Simply Rugged Sourdough with inside out straps
Bottom: Don Hume 721

Both good options, but the Sourdough is well worth the $. Buy once, cry once.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Simply Rugged does indeed make some pretty darn good holsters (that is, if you like the pancake holster design). Your OP sounded like you would be just happy with a nylon rig in the one that you posted. Before I got my 3" GP100 most of my holsters for the short barreled revolvers consisted of the Bianchi leather inside the pocket holster. They didn't have a model when I got my SP101, but Safariland had on that fit and worked just as well. Then I got my GP100 3" and that was way too much gun to stuff in my pocket. So I got a Fobus non rotating RH paddle holster instead. Fits and works like a champ. Good enough retention without any kind of strap whatsoever. Smithy.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Another vote for Simply Rugged. Just bought two and like them so much that I have been selling off my other holsters.

·
Registered
674 Posts
For field carry, I think the Bianchi cyclone looks nice, plus you have a crossdraw option to try. I have a Simply Rugged silver dollar and don't find the pancake holster all that comfortable for field carry although it works for CC. The nylon bianchi might work, most holsters don't support the revolver at the end of the barrel (hence, open bottom holsters). I used one for a Beretta M9 and was very happy with it. Nice that you can get shoulder straps for it as well. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
ezsqueezy, it's funny that you say most holsters don't support the revolver at the end of the barrel and therefore are open bottomed. Well, not exactly a revolver, but the new Fobus holster for my railed 1911 with attached light is totally open in the back (light side) of the holster and that is where the retention strap is located. But it's not just the strap holding the pistol in as there is a muzzle stud that enters the muzzle around 3/4 of an inch. It's a bit odd, but does a good job. Smithy.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
How about a field holster like this for your 3" GP.

Made by Trailmaster Holsters out of MT.
[email protected].net contact him at this email and he'll send you a pdf catalog of his designs.
You can also look him up on facebook and see pictures of some of his finished holsters. Trailmaster Holsters
A very easy person to do business with and won't break the budget.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
41RED, I talked to the fine folks at Trailmaster Holsters and got me a very nice crossdraw holster for my Ruger Alaskan (since not to many people make anything for the Alaskan) and it fit like a glove. Rock solid and nice looking to boot. A great company to deal with. Just remember when you call, you're talking to the chief cook and bottle washer so he's doing everything in the manufacturing department so it may take awhile to get your product out to you. But the man is nothing if not honest and he'll give you a very clear delivery date and come pretty darn close to it. Well worth the money and the wait. Smithy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts