Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Santa was good to me (after I dropped very specific hints). I got an UltraDot 25 and I have mounted it on my new Ruger Mark III 22/45. Of course, that action has rendered my holster for the bare 22/45, useless. Can anyone steer me towards a holster that will accomodate the 22/45 with an UltraDot mounted on it. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Banned
208 Posts
I have this one: blackdogmachinellc.net/holster-for-the-ruger-mark-series.aspx

I don't have any optics mounted on my pistol, but this holster is made to accommodate them, as the description says and the pictures show. I've been satisfied with it. Apparently it doesn't work with *all* rails and optics, though, so make sure your set-up is compatible.

Cheaper Than Dirt sells it for less (Ruger Mark .22 Series Holster Black Max Black Dog Machine Ambidextrous High and Low Ride Attachment Included), but I checked, and it's on back order there.

Hope that helps.

BTW, if you have an extended bolt release on your pistol, that's going to be a problem with this holster. You're either going to have to switch back to the stock bolt release or else cut a notch into the holster, which is what I did. I used a Dremel and a bastard file. It wasn't too hard to do, even though I'd never used a Dremel before. The cutout isn't very noticeable, even when the holster is empty, and the gun hides the notch when it's in the holster . . . but I'm right handed. If you're a lefty (the holster can be set up either way), the cutout will be more noticeable. Also, this holster gives you the option for either high or low ride.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have this one: blackdogmachinellc.net/holster-for-the-ruger-mark-series.aspx

I don't have any optics mounted on my pistol, but this holster is made to accommodate them, as the description says and the pictures show. I've been satisfied with it. Apparently it doesn't work with *all* rails and optics, though, so make sure your set-up is compatible.

Cheaper Than Dirt sells it for less (Ruger Mark .22 Series Holster Black Max Black Dog Machine Ambidextrous High and Low Ride Attachment Included), but I checked, and it's on back order there.

Hope that helps.

BTW, if you have an extended bolt release on your pistol, that's going to be a problem with this holster. You're either going to have to switch back to the stock bolt release or else cut a notch into the holster, which is what I did. I used a Dremel and a bastard file. It wasn't too hard to do, even though I'd never used a Dremel before. The cutout isn't very noticeable, even when the holster is empty, and the gun hides the notch when it's in the holster . . . but I'm right handed. If you're a lefty (the holster can be set up either way), the cutout will be more noticeable. Also, this holster gives you the option for either high or low ride.
Thanks. I'll check that out.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts